Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
jollylescott said:
cookster said:
Just watched Arse's 2nd goal, he hasn't a clue where Giroud is which results in a free header.
Although I am not a fan of Nando, I don't think he is entirely responsible for the second goal.

It was bleeding obvious that Giroud was always going to be the danger man in the air from corners and set pieces. So when you look at our positioning for the second goal our two central defenders closest to Giroud were Nando and Lampard. Vinny and Demichelis should have been in those positions and one of them should have been marking Giroud. They were no where to be seen.

So the second goal was a case of lack of organisation and poor concentration, not simply by Nando but our other defenders as well.
Kompany was busy marking the 6"6' Per Mertesacker...

Actually you are right. I just watched the replay (I taped the game). Demichelis was busy marking no one in particular, and then didn't follow the flight of the ball. In my opinion he should have been marking Giroud because Nando was never going to cope with the aerial power of Giroud.

I thought he would be an excellent signing but form what I have seen so far this season he has had a shocker.

We would have been better off getting Alex Song on loan.

for a DM, his aerial prowess is disappointing. cut that, for a player of his height, his jumping is non existent.

jury still out on him. was a supporter of this signing but based on his play uptil now he doesn't make sense except in a 433/4141 when/if we are playing as underdog. Yet again the lack of a proper third choice CM is costing us.

was really surprised by that stat that the PL games in which he started we didnt win (except for the rags game IIRC). makes sense too, he isnt a creative midfielder and we need that type against the small minded teams - he is only good against the bayerns and chelsea's away.

also I cannot fathom why if of the two ferns one has to go off its fernandinho. he has more legs than fernando and is more attacking so we take him off if we are chasing the game (not relevant to this thread I know)

sam-caddick said:
I thought he would be an excellent signing but form what I have seen so far this season he has had a shocker.

Hard to disagree.

I still feel we are getting our moneys worth though,he is a decent player but probably no greater than a level of a starter at mid prem club,we're probably getting the quality the modest fee represented.
I would most definitely be looking to secure greater quality in the summer however,his fee should be easily recouped.

In our league,Song,Schneiderlin and Sissoko offer an upgrade.

FantasyIreland said:
sam-caddick said:

Hard to disagree.

I still feel we are getting our moneys worth though,he is a decent player but probably no greater than a level of a starter at mid prem club,we're probably getting the quality the modest fee represented.
I would most definitely be looking to secure greater quality in the summer however,his fee should be easily recouped.

In our league,Song,Schneiderlin and Sissoko offer an upgrade.

I do think if say we wanted to let him go we would recoup his full fee. I also think Schniderlin should be our no.2 target after pogba/koke, perhaps even get both (Koke/pogba and schniderlin).

I had high hopes for this guy, but boy was he found wanting against Arsenal.
Lots of pace that covers up for his positioning errors as a DM, but going forward. Oh dear.
Sideways, Backwards, Sideways, Backwards Sideways. The Arsenal defence was there for the taking (with two covering Silva, two covering Aguero) if only he'd use his pace to run at the single Arsenal defender sitting 20 yards in front of him.
He didn't do it once - it fecking did my head in.

Give me Garcia any day of the week, Not much pace but he could pass forwards and move into a position to give the person he passed to an option.

To make matters worse it just doesn't work with Fernandinho.
Title challenge over I think as Chelsea will be out of sight when YaYa gets back. Lets hope we can stay in front of the pack. Because this pairing won't work in a million years.

Mister Appointment said:
BlueAnorak said:
Give me Garcia any day of the week

You and the "Vinny is overrated by City fans and the media" guy should start a double act of cluelessness!

this forum it's about OPINIONS...if someone else have a dif opinion from you that doesn't mean he don't know what he is talking and if you think fernando is beter than garcia you are in for a shock...miself i will have garcia over him that make me a clueless too??????? ffs

You get what you pay for, and the same goes for Navas

You don't sell a player for £12 - £16 million if they are top quality, which is the kind of players we require

Navas, Fernando and Jovetic are squad players for us if everyone is fit, unfortunately we haven't really had that luxury all season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.