Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are a counter attacking side, who we did not let have a single decent counter attack. Job done by our midfield, our defenders barely had a thing to do.

kupest said:
pudge said:
coleridge said:
What about passes?

How about positional sense and shape for the team?

Did his job today. He's not Messi.

Give it a rest, mate.
Give what a rest, all I said was I thought he was poor. I don't mind if people disagree.

I also didn't bring Matic into it, I was expanding on the point.

Sorry he din't have to deal with much Chelsea attack to increase his stats. I think he did just fine, he isn't in the team to play through balls.

Agreed, of cousre Matic had more to do we dominated the game especially in the second half and being a defensive midfielder he was busy ... Sometimes people quote stats without engaging brain

SuperBlu said:
Outstanding performance today.
can't agree with this. Ramires, a very limited player, waltzed around him a couple of times. I pine for the Fernando vs Newcastle & Liverpool at the start of the season but this was not even close to being like those games. Average at best today in my opinion

pudge said:
raymondkl92 said:
pudge said:
Matic had 8 tackles, 3 interceptions, 4 clearances and won 4 aerial duels

Fernando had 1 tackle, 0 interceptions, 1 clearance and won 3 aerial duels

In what way did Fernando negate Matic? Not that he was supposed to.

Because we had the ball virtually the whole game. Unless you wanted Fernando to intercept our balls,or tackle Silva and Navas
That still wouldn't explain how Fernando alone nullified Matic, when Matic is in there to break up attacks (like Fernando) and did so quite often.

You could argue he matched him with regards to their roles but I don't agree with the term "negate".
You saw the same game as me mate. I suggest people go back and watch the match again and concentrate on Fernandos contribution. His passing is woeful. He lets the game by pass him and doesn't seem to have the awareness of what's going on around him to play that position at the level needed for a title chasing team.

Pablo1 said:
pudge said:
raymondkl92 said:
Because we had the ball virtually the whole game. Unless you wanted Fernando to intercept our balls,or tackle Silva and Navas
That still wouldn't explain how Fernando alone nullified Matic, when Matic is in there to break up attacks (like Fernando) and did so quite often.

You could argue he matched him with regards to their roles but I don't agree with the term "negate".
You saw the same game as me mate. I suggest people go back and watch the match again and concentrate on Fernandos contribution. His passing is woeful. He lets the game by pass him and doesn't seem to have the awareness of what's going on around him to play that position at the level needed for a title chasing team.
??? Get a life !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.