Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
coleridge said:
pudge said:
Matic had 8 tackles, 3 interceptions, 4 clearances and won 4 aerial duels

Fernando had 1 tackle, 0 interceptions, 1 clearance and won 3 aerial duels

In what way did Fernando negate Matic? Not that he was supposed to.

What about passes?

How about positional sense and shape for the team?

Did his job today. He's not Messi.

Give it a rest, mate.
Give what a rest, all I said was I thought he was poor. I don't mind if people disagree.

I also didn't bring Matic into it, I was expanding on the point.

Sorry he din't have to deal with much Chelsea attack to increase his stats. I think he did just fine, he isn't in the team to play through balls.

kupest said:
pudge said:
coleridge said:
What about passes?

How about positional sense and shape for the team?

Did his job today. He's not Messi.

Give it a rest, mate.
Give what a rest, all I said was I thought he was poor. I don't mind if people disagree.

I also didn't bring Matic into it, I was expanding on the point.

Sorry he din't have to deal with much Chelsea attack to increase his stats. I think he did just fine, he isn't in the team to play through balls.
I know he's not, although his 1 tackle and 0 interceptions would led me to ask what he is in there for.

If I said he was the best thing since sliced bread would that make people who can't comprehend another's own opinion happy?

I was really hyped to see Fernando play for City but that's diminished alright. He was nothing special tonight at all, he looked OK at best, pretty shaky on the ball. If we're being honest, Fernandinho does a better job holding than Fernando does.

Fernando should only ever be a 'seeing out a game' sort of player. I'm still stunned at the amount of people who want De Jong back when it was clear as day that as soon as we went to just Barry and Yaya in midfield we played the best football modern City had ever seen. This was mirrored when we then upgraded to Fernandinho and Yaya. No it's not going to keep 30 clean sheets a season, but the football we can play can be unbelievable. It allowed us to have both Nasri and Silva on the pitch AND two strikers. Yes Fernandinho had to do the job of 1.5 men, but that's why we bought such an extremely athletic player. If you put another athletic player next to him but with Yaya's game control we'd be laughing.

pudge said:

Because we had the ball virtually the whole game. Unless you wanted Fernando to intercept our balls,or tackle Silva and Navas

raymondkl92 said:
pudge said:

Because we had the ball virtually the whole game. Unless you wanted Fernando to intercept our balls,or tackle Silva and Navas
That still wouldn't explain how Fernando alone nullified Matic, when Matic is in there to break up attacks (like Fernando) and did so quite often.

You could argue he matched him with regards to their roles but I don't agree with the term "negate".

pudge said:
raymondkl92 said:
pudge said:

That still wouldn't explain how Fernando alone nullified Matic, when Matic is in there to break up attacks (like Fernando) and did so quite often.

You could argue he matched him with regards to their roles, but I don't agree with the term "negate".

Matic is better player, probably the best on the World at his position. Negating such player is a plus, not obligation. Fernando was solid today, both Ferns and the lads from defense stopped Chelsea from creating anything today except their goal and that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.