Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember arthur mann said:
Pablo1 said:
pudge said:
That still wouldn't explain how Fernando alone nullified Matic, when Matic is in there to break up attacks (like Fernando) and did so quite often.

You could argue he matched him with regards to their roles but I don't agree with the term "negate".
You saw the same game as me mate. I suggest people go back and watch the match again and concentrate on Fernandos contribution. His passing is woeful. He lets the game by pass him and doesn't seem to have the awareness of what's going on around him to play that position at the level needed for a title chasing team.
??? Get a life !!
Why? I don't think he played well today. Everything I posted above is how I saw it. I know I'm not gonna win any "top blue" points for having that opinion but hey ho.

He has been so bad that any little 'decent' performance from him...we label 'outstanding'. He was decent today, and that's it. He was playing against a team that didnt really attack and we dominated possession so the game couldn't even pass him by/
Against Arsenal he was awful, and sadly he has had many games like that.

The problem with Fernando is when we play teams that are attack minded and keep the ball well...I.E. Arsenal, Bayern and potentially Barcelona...he is very limited and can be at times a passenger. I don't mind if you are limited going forward...but at least protect the back 4...like what Matic does, and before that Makelele. Fernando doesn't do that. For all Toure's faults and laziness...at least he can create or make that pass to start off an attack.

I guess its onwards and upwards...but I don't think he is the long term man to be our DM/CM. He just isn't elite, especially against the better teams. Call me a rag all you want.....but its just the truth. There is no point of him in the team when we have Fernandinho who is better than him at the CM/DM job.

There is no way Fernando would start for the likes of Barca, Bayern, Madrid, Chelsea, A.Madrid...basically the elite teams in Europe. We are trying to get there or are close to being so clearly he isn't the man.

He did OK today, but still concedes possession far too often for my liking. Not sure if it's just confidence/adapting to the pace of the Premiership, but he needs to up his game. When both are available, it has to be Toure and Fernandinho in the middle for the rest of the season.

I thought he'd be an excellent signing when we got him, but he's not lived up to expectations yet. Certainly not writing him off, just needs to show a bit more.

Pablo1 said:
pudge said:
raymondkl92 said:
Because we had the ball virtually the whole game. Unless you wanted Fernando to intercept our balls,or tackle Silva and Navas
That still wouldn't explain how Fernando alone nullified Matic, when Matic is in there to break up attacks (like Fernando) and did so quite often.

You could argue he matched him with regards to their roles but I don't agree with the term "negate".
You saw the same game as me mate. I suggest people go back and watch the match again and concentrate on Fernandos contribution. His passing is woeful. He lets the game by pass him and doesn't seem to have the awareness of what's going on around him to play that position at the level needed for a title chasing team.

I agree with this. I'd even suggest people go back and watch the Newcastle game again, which is considered as his best performance. In that game he made a couple of good last ditch tackles in the second half, but in the first half especially, his performance when we had possession was pathetic. He just disappears / hides away and never moves in to space to offer an option to receive the ball.

A woefully limited footballer, and I hope when Yaya comes back that he doesn't start another league game.

i♥city! said:
Lots of players out there can do better : Koke, Pogba , Schneiderlin , Wanyama , Cissoko
I think we should go for schneiderlin in the summer anyway! I think nando will be alot better next season, same with mangala. Fernando has found the pace tough in the premiership but i do think he'll come good. We have to give people and players time to adapt to the league and also a different country and culture!

I note that Fernando has become the latest new player to suffer from premature disregard. I thought he had a decent game, as did the whole team.

i♥city! said:
Lots of players out there can do better : Koke, Pogba , Schneiderlin , Wanyama , Cissoko

Until they arrive at City and have numpties lambasting them three months in and suggesting we have wasted our money and should go for the next flavour of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.