Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davs 19 said:
pudge said:
Davs 19 said:
Not often you're wrong pudge, but when you are, you do it big time ;.)
Thought he was poor, couldn't pass you in the street.

Negated Matic. There's not many do that.
In what way did our holding midfielder negate their holding midfielder?

Fernando booted a free kick out of play 50 yards across the pitch in the first half. Didn't see a hint of an excellent performance, he fouled as much as he was fouled and that was about it.

He's really worrying to watch on the ball, so uncomfortable and clueless about how to move the ball. It's pretty clear his strength is just winning the ball, much more suited to playing behind two central midfielders.

We need a better option next season to play in a two man midfield if Yaya or Fernandinho can't go.

Matic had 8 tackles, 3 interceptions, 4 clearances and won 4 aerial duels

Fernando had 1 tackle, 0 interceptions, 1 clearance and won 3 aerial duels

In what way did Fernando negate Matic? Not that he was supposed to.

pudge said:
Davs 19 said:
pudge said:
Thought he was poor, couldn't pass you in the street.

Negated Matic. There's not many do that.
In what way did our holding midfielder negate their holding midfielder?

Fernando booted a free kick out of play 50 yards across the pitch in the first half. Didn't see a hint of an excellent performance, he fouled as much as he was fouled and that was about it.

Over simplistic mate, especially as he didn't play as an out and out DM. We've just pretty much bossed the Chavs at the bridge and he played a large part in it. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

pudge said:

What about passes?

How about positional sense and shape for the team?

Did his job today. He's not Messi.

Give it a rest, mate.

Chelsea vs Manchester City player ratings
18 of 23
Thibaut Courtois - 4Branislav Ivanovic - 6John Terry - 7Kurt Zouma - 8Cesar Azpilicueta - 5Nemanja Matic - 8Ramires - 7Willian - 5Oscar - 6Eden Hazard - 6Loic Remy - 7Joe Hart - 6Bacary Sagna - 6Vincent Kompany - 7Martin Demichelis - 7Gael Clichy - 8Fernandinho - 7Fernando - 7Jesus Navas - 7James Milner - 7David Silva - 7
Prev
Next
Thibaut Courtois - 4Branislav Ivanovic - 6John Terry - 7Kurt Zouma - 8Cesar Azpilicueta - 5Nemanja Matic - 8Ramires - 7Willian - 5Oscar - 6Eden Hazard - 6Loic Remy - 7Joe Hart - 6Bacary Sagna - 6Vincent Kompany - 7Martin Demichelis - 7Gael Clichy - 8Fernandinho - 7Fernando - 7Jesus Navas - 7James Milner - 7David Silva - 7Sergio Aguero - 5Frank Lampard - 5

Fernando - 7
Gave Matic as good as he got in midfield and provided the City defence with superb cover throughout the game.

Seems to be the general opinion

coleridge said:
pudge said:

What about passes?

How about positional sense and shape for the team?

Did his job today. He's not Messi.

Give it a rest, mate.
Give what a rest, all I said was I thought he was poor. I don't mind if people disagree.

Of course he's not Messi, what a stupid thing to say.

I also didn't bring Matic into it, I was expanding on the point; passing wise they're identical at 78%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.