Player thread: Fernando (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Garcia was poor and we rightly got rid. Fernando is equally as poor so not a good bit of business. Fernandinho has been off the pace this season too and looks nowhere near a £35m player.

Take Yaya out and our midfield is average at best.

Agree on Garcia. Too early to judge Fernando IMO. He has proven defensively very adept in certain games. He gave the ball away a lot yesterday, but I haven't seen him consistently do that. We didn't break the bank on him, and I think he could still grow into a useful squad player.

mosssideblue said:
There's a big difference to being Gash/Crap or any other superlative that is used on here to not playing well. Probably the majority on here calling him out were the same calling MDM out when he first arrived.

Give the lad and the others new to the squad time before you cry crap etc.

City scouts saw something in him and I will back their judgement over some on here

I'm sure they did but had they seen in advance (yes, I know it's impossible) what he has done in the PL so far they may well have passed him over. The lad is clearly a decent player but for where we want to be, we need more than "decent". I remember him getting caught badly several times in the first game of the season at Newcastle, got caught dilly dallying on the ball at home to Spurs which cost us a goal and 4 months down the line is still getting caught on the ball regularly.

Someone posted earlier about the money we have spent in the last few years on DM types and commented that in reality, we are now worse off in this position than when we had NDJ playing for us. NDJ had his faults but losing the ball and dithering on it was certainly not one/two of them.

Obviously we are all City fans on here and we all want our players to do well, let's hope Fernando can come good in due course, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

So far he hasn't been good enough. Those saying he'll come good are just basing that more on hope than anything else as I haven't seen anything so far that makes me think he's a top midfielder. Porto are laughing on the way to the bank!

argyle said:
So far he hasn't been good enough. Those saying he'll come good are just basing that more on hope than anything else as I haven't seen anything so far that makes me think he's a top midfielder. Porto are laughing on the way to the bank!

And you expected a world class midfielder for 12m? Get real, bud.

We bought him for less than we sold Garcia for.

Just had a look at our league form this season with Fernando starting vs not starting.

Win %
Fernando starting: 53%
Fernando not starting: 78%

Loss %
Fernando starting: 23%
Fernando not starting: 0%

Draw %
Fernando starting: 23%
Fernando not starting: 22%

It's also worth noting that the 2 games we drew where Fernando didn't start were away to Arsenal, and at home to Chelsea, two very tough games that we played very well in. We won all the other league games which Fernando didn't start in.

The games we drew which Fernando started in were QPR, Burnley and Everton.

The games we lost which Fernando started in were against Stoke and Arsenal at home, and West Ham away.

Diabolical. Again. The worst signing we've made since the Hughes era. If we go to Stamford Bridge with Fernando vs Fabregas it's going to be embarrassing. Come on Mali!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.