Player thread: Gael Clichy (2014/15)

Re: Gael Clichy

GaudinoMotors said:
Had a good game
If we're playing Scapegoat I nominate JH, continuing to make the simple look difficult

not scapegoating Clichy at all - quite the opposite

trying to (admittedly in a poor way) take some positives from tonight

for the record think we could very well win in Barcelona on the night

The only player that looked like he bottled it for me, his " was it a shot or a pass" that Valdes caught summed his game up today, I thought had that been Kolarov - was poor in attack today but decent defensively - he would have had that in the back of the net or at least given it to another City player to take the chance.

Project said:
Thought he was superb, personally.

Me too. My MOTM and I was at the game not watching limited TV coverage so could see how much running he did particularly in the second half when we were down to 10 men and he had no cover in front of him.
CTID

malg said:
He was shite, and at fault for the second. He deserves some criticism.

I posted the below in another thread but probably more apt in here:

I don't entirely agree with that, yeah Clichy's legs were shot and he was blowing out of his arse towards the end but if Lescott had closed the man down quicker instead of standing off him they wouldn't of made the one-two to create the opening.

uncle fester said:
During the game I was getting proper wound up by him

some of the things he did were just baffling and I thought he was really shit for the second goal

but after calming down and looking at it again I realise the guy was fuckin knackered at the end

Once Kolarov had to go off he was 2 v 1 for most of the second half

so apologies Gael for screaming at you like the big twat that I am

You saved me a post

Personally thought he put in a shift and any errors were down to tiredness..I thought welshed a good game and it just wasn't meant ton on the night.also pissed off with refs who change their style of reffing hallfway through a game

Barca targeted our left side, because it is an area we are not strong enough in, for us to compete at the very highest level, neither Clichy or Kolorov are good enough and it was glaringly obvious last night....they are both good premier league players though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.