Player thread: Gael Clichy (2014/15)

Re: Gael Clichy

KnaresboroughBlue said:
He's shown that he is a good player but is out of sorts at the moment. It must be said though, that the while defence is looking a bit of a mess though, so perhaps a bit harsh to lay all the blame at his door.

He's been "out of sorts" for a good 2 years now...

kun said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
He's shown that he is a good player but is out of sorts at the moment. It must be said though, that the while defence is looking a bit of a mess though, so perhaps a bit harsh to lay all the blame at his door.

He doesn't look or play any different than the way he played for Arsenal. Stop kidding yourselves guys - he's bang average and ain't getting any better soon

hobbsisablue said:
kun said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:

He doesn't look or play any different than the way he played for Arsenal. Stop kidding yourselves guys - he's bang average and ain't getting any better soon
I don't disagree with you, it's just he had a fantastic debut season and set his standards high.

2011/12: Fantastic. 8.5/10
2012/13: Average. 6/10
2013/14: Poor. 5/10
2014/15: Very Poor. 4/10

He's on a downward trend and needs replacing in the Summer.
Until then he has an integral part to play in the season and will get my support.

Blue Mooner said:
Questy said:
There in lies the problem, our Left Back has NO one in front of him unlike on the Right side and there for gets caught out more, I seen Clichy try his nuts off on saturdaym, yes he made mistakes but he also done alot of good, guess we have differing views.. Boring world if we did'nt.

Key point that we are all aware is that they need help ahead of the left back.

Exactly, why people don't realise that Clichy and Kolarov get exposed is because in our 4 4 2 formation Clchy gets very little protection from the playe ahead of him and is very often 2 vs 1. Under those circumstances I think he does an unbelievable job,
^^^Exactly what Blue Mooner and Questy said^^^

Did his Merc drift a bit to the right? probably needs its tracking fixing as well.

LoveCity said:
He was good as right-back in pre-season and actually crossing the ball. Maybe we should have not bothered with Sagna (who has only started 2 of our 9 league games despite the idea being to rotate him with Zaba) and just moved Clichy over that side as backup, saving a foreign spot for a new left-back.
you should've written in ;-)

btw who's this Valdes people are talking about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.