Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I'll be sad to see Jimmy go but if playing time is what he wants in a central midfield role, he isn't going to get it with us. He's a hard working lad who doesn't attract any headlines and in my opinion has conducted himself professionally in the final year of his contract. From a football perspective, and considering the £165k per week he will free up, there are some outstanding players out there who are younger, will freshen the squad up and will potentially take us to the next level. Jimmy is a fantastic utility player but in an age when we are looking at having 2 outstanding players in every position is a utility player not a waste of a position. With the squad we have we should be bringing in a world class attacking midfielder, who will most likely be on the £165k (rumoured) that we have offered Jimmy. Hopefully this will be sorted one way or another by the end of the week and we can all then move on to another thread.

None of this press stuff adds up. The press keeps telling us Scouse 1 wont pay over 100 grand a week as it's company policy. The press tells us City offered Jimmy 165k pw (unlikely). The press tells us that he (and everyone else) wants CL football.

He could just be committing career suicide if he goes to the Dippers. I think the likely problem at City is salary v bonus - but surely he wont go there? They might not even have a manager tomorrow.

Not sure how you end up with a comment like that. Milner wants to go whilst Navas is in contract and presumably doesnt. Not really 'genius'. I think you're upset with the wrong person.

Suggestion seems to be that Milner will play more centrally at Liverpool in the Gerrard role. That's where he was at Villa.

Mid-table?

Sounds about right.

I'm a huge fan of him out wide,but let's not forget when we did play him centrally this year we generally list of scraped a game.

I think he is hanging on for a concession from City, if he is so keen on signing for Liverpool why hasnt he signed a pre contract agreement ?

I think he could play the deep central midfield role, he can get around the pitch quicker than Fernando and will get stuck in too.

If it's playing time, or playing role that's an issue, then what happens if Rodgers goes, not necessarily now, but at the beginning of next season? Another coach may have different ideas

Made his mind up in December, good luck Jimmy and Thanks for your efforts while here. I think he's making a huge mistake but only time will tell. Just wish he's been a little more honest with us once the decision was made.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of him (potentially) going, if he does end up at Liverpool, then Leeds, Us & Liverpool.... He really does hate United!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.