Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

Judjing by the comments on the last few pages, I'd say I must have missed something. Is he gone?
He's gone for a sausage barm and when he returned to the training facility we refused him entry as it's now July 1st and he's out of contract. James asked for his passport back but Pellegrini just laughed and flung poo at him from a 2nd story window.

He's gone for a sausage barm and when he returned to the training facility we refused him entry as it's now July 1st and he's out of contract. James asked for his passport back but Pellegrini just laughed and flung poo at him from a 2nd story window.

Fuck, I thought I was only 5 hours behind.

Disappointed to see him go.

True he's probably dropping a level but it's always been known that he'd prefer to play centre mid. He's been a utility player for us for the best years of his career and with 2 premier league medals under his belt and only a couple of years left at the top, I dont blame him for wanting to give himself the opportunity to play/prove himself where he likes to play.

As much as Liverpool trade way too much on past glories, it's still a massive club carrying plenty of prestige. It's probably the highest profile club that will give him the opportunity to prove himself in his preferred position. It's a risk for him but I grudgingly respect him for taking it.

At this stage he's probably achieved as much as he can with City. Good luck to him, though I'll hate seeing him in a Liverpool shirt

Disappointed to see him go.

True he's probably dropping a level but it's always been known that he'd prefer to play centre mid. He's been a utility player for us for the best years of his career and with 2 premier league medals under his belt and only a couple of years left at the top, I dont blame him for wanting to give himself the opportunity to play/prove himself where he likes to play.

As much as Liverpool trade way too much on past glories, it's still a massive club carrying plenty of prestige. It's probably the highest profile club that will give him the opportunity to prove himself in his preferred position. It's a risk for him but I grudgingly respect him for taking it.

At this stage he's probably achieved as much as he can with City. Good luck to him, though I'll hate seeing him in a Liverpool shirt

Well said Geoff, this about sums it up for me too. All the best Jimmy, but I hope you are on the end of a couple of City pastings next season.

Cheers Jimmy - all round good egg and I wish him well.
It's a step down, but respect for putting wanting to play above all else.
I guess this is how the rags must have felt at losing Phil Chuckle to Everton.

I just hope we have a home grown improvement to Jimmy on the way.

If he's gone then fair enough, he never did us any harm. But I'm sure we can get a home grown player for less than the reported £150k a week.
I won't slag him off but I think about him in two separate ways. Would he be in a Premier league squad of 25? Answer, yes every time. Would he be in a CL team of 11? Hmmm

Good luck James, enjoy the game time forget the medals

Not enjoying the negative comments on here.
Jimmy has been a qood, solid pro for City and I've never questioned his commitment.

Liverpool have a good player there who will graft for them.
I'll be giving him a good reception when he returns to play against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.