Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I was really hoping he would stay but perhaps playing for one of the media darlings he will get the recognition he deserves.
Good luck Jimmy.

jimmy has done ok for us , and he has had plenty of playing time , the supporters love him , he has had a very generous contract offer , so i cant get my head round why he would opt for the dippers , who are managed by a manager who has a degree in bullshitting , a club that used to be famous and havent won the title for 25 years or have any hope of champs league football for the next decade. Jimmy dont bother making your trophy cabinet any bigger , in fact you can throw the key away , because you wont win a f*cking thing at Klanfield

It's dead simple for me - he goes and we replace him. seeing as he's a level above the average/dross HG players knocking about the premier league Id expect one of the top tier HG players to be brought in (sterling, Wilshire - hopefully not, Barclay) and if he stays then we retain somebody who will always have a part to play.
Basically I'm not that worried whatever his decision is.

Good luck Jimmy. Thanks for the memories.

Careful what you say about Liverpool when you join. The words 'respect', 'dignity' and 'class' are always well received.
Does anyone remember when he signed for us before the dippers and what they thought about him afterwards. Clown prince of candle town from winner at the stroke of a pen.

Work rate isn't everything but in a team with a few who can go missing its very useful.

Our only ever English Champs League scorer.

As its been pointed out he's close to fading now with age and isn't the most gifted of players but like Gas Baz the team and the fans will miss his input.

I'll be sad to see Jimmy go but if playing time is what he wants in a central midfield role, he isn't going to get it with us. He's a hard working lad who doesn't attract any headlines and in my opinion has conducted himself professionally in the final year of his contract. From a football perspective, and considering the £165k per week he will free up, there are some outstanding players out there who are younger, will freshen the squad up and will potentially take us to the next level. Jimmy is a fantastic utility player but in an age when we are looking at having 2 outstanding players in every position is a utility player not a waste of a position. With the squad we have we should be bringing in a world class attacking midfielder, who will most likely be on the £165k (rumoured) that we have offered Jimmy. Hopefully this will be sorted one way or another by the end of the week and we can all then move on to another thread.

Let Milner leave , keep Navas , genius.

not sure that is the case, isn't a contract offer on the table for him?
he is choosing to leave it seems as is his right.
i am thinking similar to what another poster said a few pages back in that he knows who might be coming

We have NOT let him leave. He's a 5 year a club man. Likes a change. Wants a final signing on fee. Would NOT sign a new contract. It's life. We move on. BTW I think you'll find we've won more games with Navas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.