Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

If Jimmy goes at the end of the season he will go with my best wishes, he is a true professional never gives less than 100 %, Good luck Jimmy where ever you ply your trade,

chris85mcfc said:
blueparrot said:
chris85mcfc said:
No it doesn't work out the same at all

What am I missing ? It does in my head.

An extra years work for the same money?

He wants a 4 year deal for financial reasons as this will be his last big contract

A 3 year deal leaves him in the lurch at the end with no decent clubs being interested due to his age

The point is Milner keeps saying it isn't about money but it clearly is

He should just be honest and come out and say I am leaving because City have not offered me enough to stay

whp.blue said:
chris85mcfc said:
blueparrot said:

He wants a 4 year deal for financial reasons as this will be his last big contract

A 3 year deal leaves him in the lurch at the end with no decent clubs being interested due to his age

He should just be honest and come out and say I am leaving because City have not offered me enough to stay

He has said that in effect by saying he wants a guaranteed 4 years money instead of 3 years.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
whp.blue said:
chris85mcfc said:

He has said that in effect by saying he wants a guaranteed 4 years money instead of 3 years.
pudge said:
True or not, I wonder how that extra year will be interpreted?

That he wishes to stay at the club for as long as reasonably possible or that the mercenary **** wants another year to milk the club dry?

Love it.

pudge said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
whp.blue said:

pudge said:

That he wishes to stay at the club for as long as reasonably possible or that the mercenary c**t wants another year to milk the club dry?

Love it.

I don't think anyone has interpreted it in any way other than the only way that it can be construed. That is an employee trying to get as good a contract as he can from his current employer. If he doesn't get what he feels he deserves, then he goes somewhere else where they are willing to offer him what he thinks he's worth. That's his right.

blueparrot said:
chris85mcfc said:
whp.blue said:
City need to call Milners bluff

reportedly it is not about money

rumour is we have offered a three year deal worth £80 k a week
Milner wants a four year deal

so offer Milner a four year deal at £60k the money works out the same over the length of the contract

See what excuse Milner comes up with then

It does on my calculator too - 80k a week for 3 years = 12,480,000
60k a week for 4 years = 12,480,000 please put me out of my misery if this does not work out the same..!

Blue Til Death said:
blueparrot said:
chris85mcfc said:

60k a week for 4 years = 12,480,000 please put me out of my misery if this does not work out the same..!

It's not the maths that doesn't work out, it's the logic. Why would someone choose to work 4 years for the same pay as 3 years?

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Blue Til Death said:
blueparrot said:

It's not the maths that doesn't work out, it's the logic. Why would someone choose to work 4 years for the same pay as 3 years?

You: Do you want your £12m over the next 3 years or over the next 4?

Me: 3 years please.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
pudge said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
pudge said:

That he wishes to stay at the club for as long as reasonably possible or that the mercenary c**t wants another year to milk the club dry?

Love it.

I don't think anyone has interpreted it in any way other than the only way that it can be construed. That is an employee trying to get as good a contract as he can from his current employer. If he doesn't get what he feels he deserves, then he goes somewhere else where they are willing to offer him what he thinks he's worth. That's his right.
Was Silva's new 5 year contract met with such cynicism or was it a signal of intent from him that he wanted to be here for a long to come?

pudge said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
pudge said:

Was Silva's new 5 year contract met with such cynicism or was it a signal of intent from him that he wanted to be here for a long to come?

There's no cynicism. It's just the reality of how employment contracts work. Silva signed a new deal because he was offered a deal that he found acceptable. I'm sure if he hadn't, he would have looked elsewhere. If we offer Milner what he thinks he's worth, I believe he would sign a new contract. All players do the same except for those at the rags who play for free for love of the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.