Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I wonder if Milner thought he would get an easy route out, having been used as a bit part player for another season. His insistence on increased playing time cannot be used as an excuse for wanting to move on.

He will have fulfilled his contract, so is at liberty to walk away if that us what he wants. After what we have done for him though, it is not unreasonable for us to expect a transfer fee. Instead, some of that will be making its way into his bank account.

I hear his Alderley Edge mansion has just been placed on the market.

pudge said:
aguero93:20 said:
pudge said:
Where am I saying that?

You're wildly overthinking it. When Silva signed his contract it was "Great, shows he's committed and wants to be here signing a deal that long"

Now Jimmy wants a longer contract it's "He's trying the milk the club of every penny"

Silva's contract is merely an example, could have used Edin's recently signed 4 year deal instead.

Unless you have any proof that Dzeko or Silva were offered a shorter contract originally and held out for a longer offer it's a completely pointless comparison.
Unless anyone has any evidence of Milner's motives, if true, then the cynicism is completely pointless.

I don;t know who's being cynical. I think the majority of posters on this thread recognise his right to try and get the best deal for himself. There may be one of two fantasists that believe he should do whatever is in City's best interests rather than his own, but I'm sure they are in the minority.

pudge said:
Unless you have any proof that Dzeko or Silva were offered a shorter contract originally and held out for a longer offer it's a completely pointless comparison.
Unless anyone has any evidence of Milner's motives, if true, then the cynicism is completely pointless.

I'm being cynical because I don't automatically assume that one of our players is a mercenary when he hasn't signed a new deal?
No, my initial point was that people would automatically assume the reports of the length of contract dispute were motivated solely by money and not his desire to stay at a top club for as long as he thinks he can play a part.

Nobody knows, but seeing some take the "he just wants more money guaranteed" stance is interesting, or expected. Especially when compared to the reactions of other newly signed contracts; if that comparison is pointless then the cynicism from a select few is as well, shirley?

I'm not talking about you personally, just replying to you.

pudge said:
pudge said:

I'm being cynical because I don't automatically assume that one of our players is a mercenary when he hasn't signed a new deal?
No, my initial point was that people would automatically assume the reports of the length of contract dispute were motivated solely by money and not his desire to stay at a top club for as long as he thinks he can play a part.

Nobody knows, but seeing some take the "he just wants more money guaranteed" stance is interesting, or expected. Especially when compared to the reactions of other newly signed contracts; if that comparison is pointless then the cynicism from a select few is as well, shirley?

Fair enough.

I don't think it matters what his motives or or where he moves to if he doesn't sign, he's been a model pro while he's been here, put in a level of performance overall that we should be more than happy with and he's seen out his contract, he owes up absolutely fuck all in this age of prima donnas, club hoppers and Raiola style mercenaries he's a fucking paragon of virtue, I wish him all the best in his future wherever it lies.

pudge said:

Fair enough.

I don't think it matters what his motives or or where he moves to if he doesn't sign, he's been a model pro while he's been here, put in a level of performance overall that we should be more than happy with and he's seen out his contract, he owes up absolutely fuck all in this age of prima donnas, club hoppers and Raiola style mercenaries he's a fucking paragon of virtue, I wish him all the best in his future wherever it lies.

Exactly.

Eli Panic said:
I wonder if Milner thought he would get an easy route out, having been used as a bit part player for another season. His insistence on increased playing time cannot be used as an excuse for wanting to move on.

He will have fulfilled his contract, so is at liberty to walk away if that us what he wants. After what we have done for him though, it is not unreasonable for us to expect a transfer fee. Instead, some of that will be making its way into his bank account.

I hear his Alderley Edge mansion has just been placed on the market.

Your source is piss poor, he lives in Bowdon

Just to clarify, James Milner lives in Bowdon, not your source (well actually your source might do too, but I was referring to James Milner, who definitely lives in Bowdon and not Alderley Edge)

col1n said:
If Jimmy goes at the end of the season he will go with my best wishes, he is a true professional never gives less than 100 %, Good luck Jimmy where ever you ply your trade,

this is most peoples point of view. well it should be.

If he wants to be here - keep him! If he wants out - THANK YOU, all the best and let him go!
But don t make such a big thing out of this. We want to keep him 3 years - he wants 4. Fuck, give him 4,5 years and loan him after 3 years to NY City. But who knows, perhaps we will end up keeping him for 5 years.

Why have city put a picture with a number 7 on it and no explanation on Facebook. Does this mean he has signed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.