Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

RandomJ said:
bluechampion7891 said:
much rather he moves on to make room for youngsters but I would probably be in the minority here

What youngsters? None of our youth players in his position are anywhere near as good as him yet.

Lopes.

I like Milner but would only keep him as 4th choice central midfielder, which he won't accept so he would go for me.

bluechampion7891 said:
much rather he moves on to make room for youngsters but I would probably be in the minority here
Yes, you would be. In as much as I am not a Milner fan boy, I appreciate and value his contribution. He is a good role player to have. And while I love youth as much as the next guy, often the hope in them doesn't match their ability to contribute.
Milner is a strong contributor, and if he wants to, I'd be happy to see him stay.

Kun Aguero said:
RandomJ said:
bluechampion7891 said:

What youngsters? None of our youth players in his position are anywhere near as good as him yet.

Lopes.

I like Milner but would only keep him as 4th choice central midfielder, which he won't accept so he would go for me.
He should be a backup winger. When we get a major left winger, Milner should back him up, and come in to close out games.

Someone on the transfer forum had a scenario in which we got 3 players: Bale, Koke, and Gaya. Move Yaya to DM, play Koke and Nasri(or Dihno) at CM. Bale and Silva on the wings, and Aguero up top. Dihno starts on the road against top teams, and Nasri at home against every team.
In that Scenario, if we take a lead on the road, I'd sub out Silva, Bale, Aguero and bring in Navas, Milner and Bony, and when games pile up he gets his rotational starts.
Milner will be fantastic in that role. So would Navas. Both defensive Jaugernauts who can help shut down a game with their hustle, pace and effort.

No way he is signing anything in March or later. He had enough time to think. Also dont believe he is waiting for any offer from the club. This is all bullshit, he knows he is leaving just wont come out and say so.

He does what Sagna did to Arsenal. He was in the news this time last year, does he sign, or not, Wenger tries to keep him, but then he joins us...

Milner will end up in Pool most likely.

We will miss him if we dont replace him or replace him with the wrong person.

He is intelligent and knows a big summer of transfers coming where the new ones probably will enjoy bit more faith than the old ones. Especially if you were not a fix starter like he wasnt.

On free transfer he will be great business to anyone.

Kun Aguero said:
RandomJ said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Lopes.

Lopes won't get in our team. We'll sell him to a mid table Spanish club when the time is right.

As others have said, there isn't much chance of Milner signing a new deal now. Wish him well, been a good, honest pro for City and caused no disruption whatsoever when not selected. Could never quite make my mind up whether he was a good player or not. Had his highs and some games he looks average.
Anyway wish the lad well.

KippaxCitizen said:
Kun Aguero said:
RandomJ said:

Lopes.

Lopes won't get in our team. We'll sell him to a mid table Spanish club when the time is right.

No we won't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.