Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I think he's waiting for clarity on Ol' Wrinkles being dismissed in the summer before re-signing. Navas has started more league games than him this season, an insult which would be enough to make any player consider his options.

Despite having almost 400 more minutes on the field, Navas has 7 assists and no goals compared to Milner's 3 goals and 6 assists. That lack of meritocracy will be a key element if we end up losing Jimmy for nothing this summer.

ped said:
TCIB said:
If he decides to taste life else where then i wish him well. A great player for us and always gives his best, a fine player.
sorry i cant agree with this train of thought,he cost city 24 million , IF hegoes on a free he has cost the club a lot of money that could of helped towards a replacement, put it this way if ya ya was behaving in the same way he would be getting pelters on here,, i for one wont be fan boying him back at the etihad,.and "great" no chance ,good and hard working yes,just what you would expect really,

This has already been discussed. Milner signs a contract, fulfils it to the best of his ability and leaves. No one owes anyone anything.

Lescott signed a contract, fulfilled it to the best of his ability and wanted to stay. We decided, as we were entitled, that we didn't want him to stay so he had to go. No one owed anyone anything.

I don't remember Lescott hiding behind any excuses though,he didn't string anyone along as he laid his cards on the table,which was to his huge credit.

pardoeofftomexico said:
ped said:
TCIB said:
If he decides to taste life else where then i wish him well. A great player for us and always gives his best, a fine player.
sorry i cant agree with this train of thought,he cost city 24 million , IF hegoes on a free he has cost the club a lot of money that could of helped towards a replacement, put it this way if ya ya was behaving in the same way he would be getting pelters on here,, i for one wont be fan boying him back at the etihad,.and "great" no chance ,good and hard working yes,just what you would expect really,

This has already been discussed. Milner signs a contract, fulfils it to the best of his ability and leaves. No one owes anyone anything.

Lescott signed a contract, fulfilled it to the best of his ability and wanted to stay. We decided, as we were entitled, that we didn't want him to stay so he had to go. No one owed anyone anything.

Ad infinium mate, ad infinium.

Doesn't suit the agenda for some though. I'd love him to stay, but if not, thanks Jimmy & good luck.

FantasyIreland said:
I don't remember Lescott hiding behind any excuses though,he didn't string anyone along as he laid his cards on the table,which was to his huge credit.

There was no question of hiding behind excuses. Lescott wanted to stay but we didn't want to give him another contract.

FantasyIreland said:

He wants a three year contract and we've offered him two.

To my knowledge, the playing time line that people make so much off is a bit of a red herring.

As far as I'm aware , to paraphrase, Milner said something along the lines of that he had to decide whether potentially getting less game time for a club with the potential to win trophies would be better for him than playing more regularly for a lesser club.

Seems like a reasonable question for the bloke to ask himself.

For all Pellers noise, if we really wanted Milner to stay, he'd sign.

I think that he's viewed as a nice to have but expendable and that's fine, contract honoured by all parties

I WANT TO STAY
I WANT TO STAY
I WANT TO STAY IF I GET GAME TIME
I WANT TO STAY IF I GET TIME AND 4 YEARS
I WANT TO STAY IF I GET GAME TIME AND 4 YEARS AND PLAYED IN THE MIDDLE
I WANT TO STAY IF GET GAME TIME AND 4 YEARS AND PLAYED IN THE MIDDLE AND A PAY RISE

Why not just say you want a change James?

Why do people want to know right now? It's got nowt to do with us what he's thinking. it's his life and he clearly hasn't made his mind up yet (these things aren't easy decisions) and how do we know he hasn't told Begiristain exactly what he's thinking anyway? and is it the club that are dragging their heels not giving him a deadline, maybe they've given him a deadline of, say, April...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.