Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

He's a popular player that any team would miss, including us. But if and when he leaves we should not allow him to move to our rivals.
Its a dilemma for Txixi and Manuel but surely the solution is offer him the 3 years he's after and if he's not part of the plans in the next 2 years then sell for a fee and recoup some of the money.
This has to be better than allowing him to leave on a free and joining the dippers

Im bored of Milner and his demands now......so hopefully the club have identified a more talented player and will,instead,reward them with a shiny 15m contract.

Thanks for your efforts James,i hope youre very happy at your new mediocre club.

Looks like he's cutting his nose off to spite his face!
Can't see him playing champions league again anytime soon

Come on City give him that 3 year contract and then we can sell him for a decent fee next year. That way we can dictate more where he goes or should I say where he doesn't go.

bulldogblue said:
Come on City give him that 3 year contract and then we can sell him for a decent fee next year. That way we can dictate more where he goes or should I say where he doesn't go.
Can't see how we'd get a good fee for a 30 year old work horse on huge wages (which they would surely be to "convince" him to sign a new deal).

FantasyIreland said:
Im bored of Milner and his demands now......so hopefully the club have identified a more talented player and will,instead,reward them with a shiny 15m contract.

Thanks for your efforts James,i hope youre very happy at your new mediocre club.

Maybe he just wants to play every week now he is nearly 30.

With our potential signings next season it will likely be back to the bench for Milner making mostly sub appearances.

sam-caddick said:
FantasyIreland said:

With our potential signings next season it will likely be back to the bench for Milner making mostly sub appearances.

Where do you think he will do that Sam?

And why doesn't he just state that as his reason and tell us he's going because of such,rather than stringing every along about contracts?

FantasyIreland said:
sam-caddick said:
FantasyIreland said:

Where do you think he will do that Sam?

And why doesn't he just state that as his reason and tell us he's going because of such,rather than stringing every along about contracts?

He will play every week in a side like AC Milan, or any other mid table club wanting to challenge higher up the table.

I agree about him stating his situation, us fans deserve the right to know what he wants to do.

I personally want Lopes to take his place next season.

BigOscar said:
bulldogblue said:
Can't see how we'd get a good fee for a 30 year old work horse on huge wages (which they would surely be to "convince" him to sign a new deal).

quite right. if we give him a 3 year contract at £90k per week, it will also have to include a new signing on fee, probably around £2m. that would be about £7m in year one. No one would pay more than about £6/8m, if that for a 30 year old with that kind of salary (£4.7m + bonuses) with no more than a couple of years decent service possible. Even on a free, Barry had to take a hit of about 50% of his wages to get everton to agree and don't think he got any kind of decent signing on fee.

2 year contract is very fair indeed and milner should show more respect for the club that give him the big time opportunity, invested £26m and has laden his medals cabinet like no other. if he really thinks he can play games with one of the most savvy financial clubs in the world, he has bitten off more than he can chew. i like him but he is not one our core players (silva, joe, vinnie, yaya, serge, dzeko) and will always be a droppable asset.

pardoeofftomexico said:
ped said:
TCIB said:
If he decides to taste life else where then i wish him well. A great player for us and always gives his best, a fine player.
sorry i cant agree with this train of thought,he cost city 24 million , IF hegoes on a free he has cost the club a lot of money that could of helped towards a replacement, put it this way if ya ya was behaving in the same way he would be getting pelters on here,, i for one wont be fan boying him back at the etihad,.and "great" no chance ,good and hard working yes,just what you would expect really,

This has already been discussed. Milner signs a contract, fulfils it to the best of his ability and leaves. No one owes anyone anything.

Lescott signed a contract, fulfilled it to the best of his ability and wanted to stay. We decided, as we were entitled, that we didn't want him to stay so he had to go. No one owed anyone anything.

Right on the money !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.