Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I keep hearing he owes us nothing and whilst that may be right on a technicality, he has shit all over the club in reality.

He wants to move, fine but sign the contract and guarantee us a fee of which im sure he could have negotiated a cut from.

He is gone without a doubt but he has been a twat about it imo.

blueinsa said:
I keep hearing he owes us nothing and whilst that may be right on a technicality, he has shit all over the club in reality.

He wants to move, fine but sign the contract and guarantee us a fee of which im sure he could have negotiated a cut from.

i share those thoughts

blueinsa said:

Correct

I don't have a problem with footballers running down their contracts and getting a big sign on bonus from their next club.

I'd like them to be honest about it though.

He ha been great value for us however I agree, running down his contract and leaving us empty handed is not on. If that was his intention then he should have made it clear earlier so we could have got something for him during a previous transfer window. Instead he leaves on a free and he gets a fatter pay cheque as a result from his new club. I think he is being a little greedy, if in fact he does leave.

Disappointed in the attitude of the player..

There are not many players in recent times who have left City and try and get more money elsewhere...

If that is more important to him than silverware, let him go..

Always his plan I think. I just hope the club take a similar approach should the move he wants fail to materialise. In other words, if he can't get the deal from another club that he seeks, along with assurances about which position he plays then we should take our offer off the table and present him with a reduced one. That should be the standard way the club operates in these circumstances and it doesn't matter on what he, or any other player for that matter, has done for the club in the past. Sometimes City make some odd choices, like the Frank fiasco - why cause such a storm and then not use him? Jimmy should have been sold and replaced in the summer. Yes he's had a decent season, but we should always be thinking of the future.

Jimmy is the perfect example of how our club should look at every player going forward. There comes a time when its just right financially and its right for the good of the squad going forward to get rid and cash in.

Players come and go, the club is the only constant and we are in the position now to replace players on our terms.

who'd of thought looking and listening to him that little Jimmy Milner was capable of having us over?
I think it's quite clear now that he had little intention of renewing his contract, I also think the club have been aware as well and have been happy to go along with the narrative of both parties still in talks.
I've got to say he's played a bit of a blinder, hoodwinked plenty of fans with his hard work and endeavour, quiet unassuming personality and away he goes with thanks and good wishes after costing us a hefty selling on fee. Not daft our Jimmy.

It's the only way he's going to be able to leave us, on a free, by running down his contract, if he signed an extension, would anyone want him for a fee?
Remember, he's being payed for his football, he's not an investment to recoup at a later date, if he wants one last big move/payday, then fine, he's given 100% while here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.