Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

HolisticJim said:
ninjamonkey said:
lancs blue said:
Fernandinho is that box to box midfielder,

Spot on.

Milner really needs to have a re-think and get that contract signed here. At Liverpool he won't get much more game time than he has had this season, albeit he will probably play a bit more in the centre of midfield but they won't have CL football and i can't see them getting back in there before Milner retires. At Arsenal they arguably have a better midfield than us at present i can only see him getting game time there as a holding midfielder in the lesser games. He could go to a lower team and guarantee himself a starting spot in centre midfield like he did at Villa but i'd like to think he has more ambition than that. He's going to regret not staying at City.

I just don't get Milner. What more does he want. Currently he's starting for City against teams like Bayern and Barca - NOWHERE else will give him that. And we're no doubt offering damned good money too.
Just don't understand what the guys fookin problem is.

Yep. I don't get it either. It's almost as if he came out with this threat to leave to get more game time earlier on in the season when perhaps he wasn't getting in the side, which is fine, but then he's decided he has no other option but to stick with his decision despite the fact things change and his options have become less attractive.

Jimmy is the perfect player to play RM or LM in a 4-3-3 formation. Sadly we don;t play it under Pellegrini - even though Txiki want's City to play it going forward. If Pellers goes I have hope Jimmy will stay.

BlueAnorak said:
Jimmy is the perfect player to play RM or LM in a 4-3-3 formation. Sadly we don;t play it under Pellegrini - even though Txiki want's City to play it going forward. If Pellers goes I have hope Jimmy will stay.

Wondered how long it would take before it was Peller's fault

mosssideblue said:
BlueAnorak said:

Wondered how long it would take before it was Peller's fault

Was just about to say that as well. Some on here ... well, whatever.
As for the Mancini-adorers, he didn't play 4-3-3 and he didn't play Milner regularly.
Think of it, when did we play 4-3-3? Or is 4-5-1 with 2 attacking wide midfielders 4-3-3 as well? In that case we did ...
Milner is a mediocre player who, by use of his attitude and a great pair of longues makes it to being a great professional. But we can do without him.

Reading some comments here.....It appears,because Milner is leaving(very much of his own accord it must be emphasised) that his ability has suddenly been elevated beyond the reality.

He's a very useful squad player,the ultimate utility type with an apparent superb attitude,and no doubt one that will be missed.........but lets not pretend he's anything more than that......his level of quality will never be good enough to earn him a permament starting place in a title winning team and that should be the level we are looking at replacing him with.

After deviously running his contract down........I'm sure he'll be very happy wherever he has chosen to take his final pay day.

FantasyIreland said:
Reading some comments here.....It appears,because Milner is leaving(very much of his own accord it must be emphasised) that his ability has suddenly been elevated beyond the reality.

He's a very useful squad player,the ultimate utility type with an apparent superb attitude,and no doubt one that will be missed.........but lets not pretend he's anything more than that......his level of quality will never be good enough to earn him a permament starting place in a title winning team and that should be the level we are looking at replacing him with.

After deviously running his contract down........I'm sure he'll be very happy wherever he has chosen to take his final pay day.

giphy.gif

Marvin said:
Why would he go to Liverpool now?

Because they will pay him more wages as he is signing on a free. He will also get more game time.

If he wants CL football, he will have to sign for a club abroad as he probably wouldn't be guaranteed to play in a top 4 prem team.

The line before this season was that he wanted to play more, he has, yet still hasn't signed.

That for me tells me he or his agent knows some big players are on our radar or on the way in, that will certainly restrict his playing time moving forward.

babyajay said:
The line before this season was that he wanted to play more, he has, yet still hasn't signed.

That for me tells me he or his agent knows some big players are on our radar or on the way in, that will certainly restrict his playing time moving forward.

Or tells you that there are numerous factors. One being it is possible Pellegrini is on his way out thus Milner has no gurantee he will still get matches.

Another is a strong rumor that Milner did want to sign a contract and wanted a four year contract, but City would only offer three.

Plus, why the fuck would City tell his agent that big names are on the radar? Big name are always on the radar now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.