Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

citymad said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Henderson and milner will be comedy to watch.

So you don't rate Henderson ? Think he's going to be a great player. Has great energy and a superb passed of the ball. Him and Henderson will be the energy while Coutinho pulls the strings. Would love to have Henderson at city.

Interesting developments at Dipperland - the chance of CL looks to be going, and they will not be happy at EL football (Thursday/Sunday!), players discontented with next season's prospects so the likes of Coutinho might be looking for an alternative, and Jimmy M will forsake CL to go to The Dippers? Perhaps it strengthens Wenger's hand if the Dipper offer is not to Jimmy's liking! Get the contract signed James! You won't get better!

I don't think I've ever seen a player put as much effort into a game of football than James Milner.

He's certainly been our most committed player this season imo.

A grafter and battler and no mistake.

He's proven he can do pretty much anything to. All across midfield, full back. centre forward. A very versatile player indeed.

I'd be gutted if he left in the summer, doubly so if on one of these fucking 'frees'. That'd be a fucking scandalthat.

lancs blue said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Let Yaya go and make Milner the box to box central midfielder we crave.

Fernandinho is that box to box midfielder,

Agreed we just can't use him in that role because of Yaya.

lancs blue said:

Spot on.

Milner really needs to have a re-think and get that contract signed here. At Liverpool he won't get much more game time than he has had this season, albeit he will probably play a bit more in the centre of midfield but they won't have CL football and i can't see them getting back in there before Milner retires. At Arsenal they arguably have a better midfield than us at present i can only see him getting game time there as a holding midfielder in the lesser games. He could go to a lower team and guarantee himself a starting spot in centre midfield like he did at Villa but i'd like to think he has more ambition than that. He's going to regret not staying at City.

ninjamonkey said:
lancs blue said:

Spot on.

Milner really needs to have a re-think and get that contract signed here. At Liverpool he won't get much more game time than he has had this season, albeit he will probably play a bit more in the centre of midfield but they won't have CL football and i can't see them getting back in there before Milner retires. At Arsenal they arguably have a better midfield than us at present i can only see him getting game time there as a holding midfielder in the lesser games. He could go to a lower team and guarantee himself a starting spot in centre midfield like he did at Villa but i'd like to think he has more ambition than that. He's going to regret not staying at City.

I just don't get Milner. What more does he want. Currently he's starting for City against teams like Bayern and Barca - NOWHERE else will give him that. And we're no doubt offering damned good money too.
Just don't understand what the guys fookin problem is.

lancs blue said:

Can we not have two or even three in some games especially away from home.

What we can't have is more than 4 players with no defensive duties, which is what we have now, as we have 5!!

Consequently yep we are top scorers but 13 points off the winners of the league with still four games to go!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.