Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

bobmcfc said:
Gabriel said:
As I've mentioned elsewhere, the commentators said he'd been ill in the last couple of days with a stomach bug but played, nevertheless.

In the first half, it was Milner whose run dragged the QPR defence to the right and freed up the space for Aguero to exploit and score the opener.

In the first half, it was Milner who got behind the defence and laid it on a plate for Mangala to miss an open goal.

In the second half, Milner scored.

Not his greatest day, but hardly a nightmare given the circumstances.

I'm not his biggest fan, I know we need better players to take us to the next level, but I also know there are very few players who are home grown and capable of getting in our team, so he's probably worth a two-year deal.

It was the easiest goal anyone will ever score EVER, it was a tap in and my dead Nan could have clawed her way out of her own grave, crawled to the etihad and scored that goal with cataracts and her head on backwards

Navas would have missed it though!

bobmcfc said:
Gabriel said:
As I've mentioned elsewhere, the commentators said he'd been ill in the last couple of days with a stomach bug but played, nevertheless.

In the first half, it was Milner whose run dragged the QPR defence to the right and freed up the space for Aguero to exploit and score the opener.

In the first half, it was Milner who got behind the defence and laid it on a plate for Mangala to miss an open goal.

I'm not his biggest fan, I know we need better players to take us to the next level, but I also know there are very few players who are home grown and capable of getting in our team, so he's probably worth a two-year deal.

It was the easiest goal anyone will ever score EVER, it was a tap in and my dead Nan could have clawed her way out of her own grave, crawled to the etihad and scored that goal with cataracts and her head on backwards

Interesting scenario, though I'd wager Mangala would have missed it, even without your poor Nan's difficulties. :-)

True_Blue69 said:
Danielmanc said:
True_Blue69 said:
Have you really just written LOL? ......wow

Have you just spent your afternoon slagging off a City player ?,,,wow

No mate I've been at the match as usual cheering the boys including Milner on. This the correct place to air views such as this so I am more than entitled to express them on here.

No problem - you have more than fulfilled your 'entitlement'

Scully said:
bobmcfc said:
Gabriel said:

Navas would have missed it though!

Navas would have somehow hit the first defender and got a corner

whp.blue said:
summerseat blue said:
I know a lad who mixes with a few of the lads who work for City and he as been told Jimmy is staying next season.

Has that been put about to keep the pressure off him
I was told months ago and posted on here that he is definitely going and my source up to now has never been wrong

Just asked him that question and he said is source said he got it from the horses mouth, but he did say Milner could be saying he is signing just to stop people mithering him.

summerseat blue said:
whp.blue said:
summerseat blue said:
I know a lad who mixes with a few of the lads who work for City and he as been told Jimmy is staying next season.

Has that been put about to keep the pressure off him
I was told months ago and posted on here that he is definitely going and my source up to now has never been wrong

Just asked him that question and he said is source said he got it from the horses mouth, but he did say Milner could be saying he is signing just to stop people mithering him.

No shit ! ;)

no-shit.gif

True_Blue69 said:
Eccles Blue said:

Ya ya did NOT win those trophies. The TEAM won those trophies. Football is a TEAM game, tennis, snooker, etc are single handed games.

He scored the winners in the FA cup semi and final = won us both matches.

He scored the equaliser against Sunderland which changed the game = won us the match.

Scored 20 league goals last season = won us the league.

Anyway, this is a thread about Milner so get back on topic.
A) I only responded to your post
B) he wasn't on the pitch alone with 11 opposition players!!

I will respond no more. TEAM EFFORT

richards30 said:
Gabriel said:

He wants a 4 year deal though and around £ 120,000 a week doesn't he?

He doesn't want anything from City, he has done nothing but change his demands for the last 12 months. Every time city have met what the demanded he adds in he moves the goal post's. He has a pre contract with Liverpool but is now trying to get out of it due to the lack of Champions league football.

He is all about the team in terms of commitment and energy .... but not a real team player in terms of flowing moves (almost always doesn't see movement or makes the wrong chances).

He should be a great squad player but he won't be happy with that. He's B class and we need A class.

If he goes I just hope we are getting in a quality A class replacement. My fear is we'll get the same or worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.