Player thread: Pablo Zabaleta (2014/15)

Re: Pablo Zabaleta Appreciation Thread

As an opponent Zab can drive you crazy.
If you go past him, he'll be up in your face in a matter of seconds. Again and again and again.
And if you don't have the ball, you need to chase him as he will be going on a foreward run. Again and again and again.
If you think at a certain moment of time he will not be up in your face or running down the flank, think again. And again. And again.

And the one time you decide to skip chasing him, he will score. Yes, even with 4 minutes remaining. Because he is a fck man!

Zabaleta has been a fantastic servant for City since 2008 when he joined. When I see players kissing the badge it normally fills me with huge quantities of bile as it's invariably a trick used to ingratiate a player with the fans. However with Zaba you don't get that, he clearly feels extremely attached to the club, its fans, and the city and it comes across as a genuine action.

I actually think Zaba was ok last night, but nothing more. He made mistakes but he contributed well to the team performance, and took his goal really well. He's had better performances for us in the past, and he'll have better games in the future too, but you just can't knock his commitment or passion. When the money started to pour into the club I was concerned that Zaba would be left behind, that he wouldn't be of the required standard for where we wanted to go, but he took his game to another level, improved across the board, and has proven himself to be an excellent team player.

Matty said:
Zabaleta has been a fantastic servant for City since 2008 when he joined. When I see players kissing the badge it normally fills me with huge quantities of bile as it's invariably a trick used to ingratiate a player with the fans. However with Zaba you don't get that, he clearly feels extremely attached to the club, its fans, and the city and it comes across as a genuine action.

I actually think Zaba was ok last night, but nothing more. He made mistakes but he contributed well to the team performance, and took his goal really well. He's had better performances for us in the past, and he'll have better games in the future too, but you just can't knock his commitment or passion. When the money started to pour into the club I was concerned that Zaba would be left behind, that he wouldn't be of the required standard for where we wanted to go, but he took his game to another level, improved across the board, and has proven himself to be an excellent team player.
I can't think of an Argentinian player, for us, or for any Prem side to be honest, who has not been either good, or excellent, it makes you wonder that we should have scouts out there ( if not already) looking for the next Zaba, Aguero, Messi, Tevev etc....
Zaba is like the Duracell bunny of defenders, but with teeth! I loved how his first thought was to go straight over to the fans, if there wasn't a wall! I'm sure he would've dived in there!
Got a day off work, I think I might stick Gladiator on as my own little tribute

eversince 76 said:
As an opponent Zab can drive you crazy.
If you go past him, he'll be up in your face in a matter of seconds. Again and again and again.
And if you don't have the ball, you need to chase him as he will be going on a foreward run. Again and again and again.
If you think at a certain moment of time he will not be up in your face or running down the flank, think again. And again. And again.

And the one time you decide to skip chasing him, he will score. Yes, even with 4 minutes remaining. Because he is a fck man!

This and only this !

Let us make a new song for him along this lines, would be great.

Matty said:

Couldn't of been put any better. Hopefully he has a long future at City when he finished his playing career with us. £5.5m was it? Bargain at a 1/6 of the price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.