Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

I am convinced that Sterling will improve, but agree he's not undroppable at the moment. I would happily try Roberts or Barker, but can't see Pellegrini doing it.
He didn't start any of them in arguably the easiest game of the season...

he was a victim of very nasty challange at spurs ,5 yellow cards those snidey gits got , lets hope vinny hart and pablo are about for the next meeting,

Seems to have fit in very well with the first team, clearly has a lot of confidence in himself and is happy to mix it with the worldies in our team.
What I also noticed particularly against Sunderland in the cup was that, unlike some other youth appearances we see - he wasn't scared to ask for the ball and his experienced teammates weren't scared to give it to him.

Finges crossed he makes it in the first team and for England, though I think any mentions of him dislodging Sterling at the moment are a bit naive.

Both Roberts and Kelechi do not qualify for CL due to not being with the club for 2 years.
And there wasn't room on the A list for them either.

Edit: given that, perhaps they'll both play in the U19 tournament for game time.

2nd Edit: damn, I didn't know it was an early KO...

Last edited by a moderator:
First message so go easy guys :)

Only saw the last 30 mins of this game so only saw a glimpes of Roberts before he got subbed but was chatting to a guy on the England forum and asking how he did and he was impressed, said Roberts is too good for this level and this was in unplayable conditions that Sunday league games wouldnt be played on, it was a disgrace that it went ahead imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.