Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

Back on the bench for tonight's 2nd leg, Celtic are currently trying hard to screw things up though. 5-2 up from the 1st leg now losing 0-2 so another goal will see them into the Europa Lg. on goal difference. 10 minutes to go.

He's clearly a big talent. If I have a reservation - this may be relevant or not - it is attitude. I live here in Scotland and often read interviews or post-match comments. He often seems to talk about showing people his quality on the big stage, but talks much less about learning.

I've always felt Kelechi absolutely spot on in that respect: he's already a very good player, but he speaks all the time about improving and working hard, rather than showing people he's already a big star.

It might be a small thing, but it has struck me a few times now.

He's clearly a big talent. If I have a reservation - this may be relevant or not - it is attitude. I live here in Scotland and often read interviews or post-match comments. He often seems to talk about showing people his quality on the big stage, but talks much less about learning.

I've always felt Kelechi absolutely spot on in that respect: he's already a very good player, but he speaks all the time about improving and working hard, rather than showing people he's already a big star.

It might be a small thing, but it has struck me a few times now.
Good point.

Completely unrelated,but the last player with a city connection who went to Scotland with big noises about how good he was...Mr Barton, and look how that turned out...

Only joking. Hope Roberts does turn out a fine player,but your comments do mirror my concerns about a player who should look up more often,.. and think team, not self.

Finally got a start and then scored one and assisted three goals when they won 4-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.