Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

You on a real downer at the moment?

Why would we leave him at Fulham when they weren't playing him? The plan when he signed was (I believe) to loan him out immediately but Pellegrini wanted to get a good look at him first after seeing him in the flesh. It was decided (possibly by him going off the article I linked earlier) that it would be better for his development if he was playing more regularly which he wouldn't have got with us (and no, he wasn't ready for us then). Where do you get this idea that we're stockpiling all of the decent youth prospects just to stop other clubs getting them? Do you really think none of them will get a chance with us because they're not good enough? If so why the hell would we buy them in the first place.
Well said. You saved me a job.

Have seen Celtic fans say that they could sell their entire first team, use the money to buy Roberts permanently and notice no difference in the quality of the first-team football.

Really excited for Roberts with all the praise he's getting from the Celtic fans. That's just as important as the manager's support for a young player out on loan. Hopefully this injury isn't anything serious.

It will be interesting to see where Guardiola sees him fitting in next season. I think he'll like Pat and would expect him to be able to play a multitude of positions as we know him as a RW, he's played there at Celtic where Rodgers also says he sees him as a #10. I also thought Pep could try him as a false 9 but with Kelechi and now Gabriel that probably won't be happening. Excited for his future with us.

Celtic have signed Sinclair.

What impact will this have on Robert's playing time?

Sinclair likes to play on the left cutting in doesn't he? If it effects Roberts id be surprised seeing as 1) different positions and 2) Roberts is a vastly better footballer in all areas of his game.

Sinclair likes to play on the left cutting in doesn't he? If it effects Roberts id be surprised seeing as 1) different positions and 2) Roberts is a vastly better footballer in all areas of his game.

I thought he played on both wings.

But agree on your second point...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.