Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Exeter Blue I am here said:
mancity111 said:
blue12 said:
TV3 are reporting that Nasri has torn his knee ligaments and will miss the rest of the season as well as the World Cup. It is worth noting the point above and waiting on confirmation from the club. As Pellegrini said, they will know more on Monday .
Just hoping its more speculation but his reaction yesterday tells me he had done something serious .

You never know with these things but usually if he has done an ACL or a PCL you would feel an initial pain and then it subsides quickly.

Medial ligaments which usually mean much less time on the sidelines could be more the case here given the pain he was in for a long time.

Of course the pain he was obviously in may have been a broken or discolated kneecap or broken or heavilly bruised bone just below the knee.In anycase I wouldn't hold out much hope we will be seeing a lot more of him this season.

Silva will have to carry a bigger load and I suspect Milner and Rodwell to pick up some of the things we will miss him for.

Terrible blow for us if he out for a considerable time especially as it was a deliberate act from a bloke who was frustrated.

Hopefully we can cover his absence as best as is possible but he is in fantastic form this season.

-- Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:06 am --

blue12 said:
TV3 are reporting that Nasri has torn his knee ligaments and will miss the rest of the season as well as the World Cup. It is worth noting the point above and waiting on confirmation from the club. As Pellegrini said, they will know more on Monday .
Just hoping its more speculation but his reaction yesterday tells me he had done something serious .

If he did an ACL or a PCL the medico's would know straight away and thats 12 months gone.

If its more like medial ligaments which worse case if badly torn could be three months.

I wondered about a broken fibula or patella as well. I've torn medial ligaments in the past myself playing football, and the pain was nowhere near as pronounced as what Nas appeared to be in. ACL or a break of some kind was my first instinct
Often can't diagnose ACL or PCL injury a acutely as knee swells v quickly and muscles go into spasm precluding a proper examination of the ligaments. A scan is the only way to tell if the ligament is ruptured acutely.
It would be v unlucky if Nasri has done his ACL given the mechanism of the injury as was much more if a direct blow rather than the usual twisting injury...
Fingers crossed. Should know in a few hrs.

What's the injury when you get you leg bent the wrong way at the knee? I remember playing rugby once and was tackled from the front with some dirty great big lump slamming into the front of my legs at the knee, which with my foot firmly planted on the ground, meant it tried to bend my knee the wrong way... if you know what I mean.

It hurt like fuck - I mean really really bad pain. I was carried off and couldn't walk or put any weight on it whatsoever, but bizarrely a couple of days and it was fine. I was probably 12 though, and you do heal fast!

Anyway, the reason I mention this is, just because Narsi was in a lot of pain, doesn't mean it's a terrible injury. He may be OK.

Pigeonho said:
kenzie115 said:
Yanga-Mbiwa should get a serious ban for that, I'm hesitant to even call it a challenge. He tries pulling Nasri back, then bringing him down but with the last action he has no intention of winning the ball and is purely trying to hurt Nasri.

There are bad tackles that cause serious injuries and break legs but usually a player is attempting to win the ball, albeit in an aggressive manner, but Yanga-Mbiwa was thinking of nothing but taking Nasri out, which, as a fellow professional, is shocking.
Brazil and Warnock have called it an assault and, which I agree more with, a hack.

Can retrospective action be taken since he was shown a yellow, surely not to do so means the powers that be are condoning hacking players down with intent to cripple.

Don't think anything can be done as the ref dealt with the situation with a yellow card so cannot claim to have not seen it.

remember arthur mann said:
Pigeonho said:
kenzie115 said:
Yanga-Mbiwa should get a serious ban for that, I'm hesitant to even call it a challenge. He tries pulling Nasri back, then bringing him down but with the last action he has no intention of winning the ball and is purely trying to hurt Nasri.

There are bad tackles that cause serious injuries and break legs but usually a player is attempting to win the ball, albeit in an aggressive manner, but Yanga-Mbiwa was thinking of nothing but taking Nasri out, which, as a fellow professional, is shocking.
Brazil and Warnock have called it an assault and, which I agree more with, a hack.

Can retrospective action be taken since he was shown a yellow, surely not to do so means the powers that be are condoning hacking players down with intent to cripple.

More chance of pigs flying.

Chippy_boy said:
What's the injury when you get you leg bent the wrong way at the knee? I remember playing rugby once and was tackled from the front with some dirty great big lump slamming into the front of my legs at the knee, which with my foot firmly planted on the ground, meant it tried to bend my knee the wrong way... if you know what I mean.

It hurt like fuck - I mean really really bad pain. I was carried off and couldn't walk or put any weight on it whatsoever, but bizarrely a couple of days and it was fine. I was probably 12 though, and you do heal fast!

Anyway, the reason I mention this is, just because Narsi was in a lot of pain, doesn't mean it's a terrible injury. He may be OK.
Sounds like a hyperextension injury. Could have damaged the PCL.
Most ligament injuries are bloody painful!

Really, what is the clamour for retrospective action?

To use a 'Mancini-ism', 'this is football'

Some decision go for us, such as yesterday's disallowed goal and some against us such as Nasri's injury.

We just need to move on and get on with the next game.

No amount of whinging or retrospective punishment will affect Samir's recovery time and that's all that counts.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Really, what is the clamour for retrospective action?

To use a 'Mancini-ism', 'this is football'

Some decision go for us, such as yesterday's disallowed goal and some against us such as Nasri's injury.

We just need to move on and get on with the next game.

No amount of whinging or retrospective punishment will affect Samir's recovery time and that's all that counts.

there was nothing in that challenge that had anything to do with football. it was an assault, should be dealt with by the CPS.

JustAnotherCityFan said:
Don't think anything can be done as the ref dealt with the situation with a yellow card so cannot claim to have not seen it.

Football Association tightens retrospective punishment ruling

Players guilty of violent conduct or involved in off-the-ball incidents will be punished retrospectively even if match officials saw the incident.

Prior to this season, subsequent action could not be taken if a match official had seen an incident - no matter how poor their view of it was.

“It is sometimes difficult for officials to see such incidents, as they are often concentrating solely on the challenge for possession of the ball, and we are mindful of this”

But new changes, which come into force on 22 November, will further tighten the FA's disciplinary regulations.

It will mean the FA can take retrospective action for violent conduct and off-the-ball incidents regardless of whether they are seen by match officials.

Fulham's Sascha Riether was the first player chargedretrospectively under the initial changes to regulations governing 'not seen' incidents.

However Chelsea striker Fernando Torres escaped punishment for scratching the face of Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen in September's 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane.

The latest changes  cover "acts of violent conduct that occur secondarily to a challenge for the ball" and "in off-the-ball incidents where one or more match official did see the players coming together, but the match officials' view was such that none of them had the opportunity to make a decision on an act of misconduct that took place within that coming together".

FA director of governance Darren Bailey said: "This enables the FA to consider acts of violent conduct, like an elbow or a stamp, which have occurred after a challenge for the ball or coming together of players.

"It is sometimes difficult for officials to see such incidents, as they are often concentrating solely on the challenge for possession of the ball, and we are mindful of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.