Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Serious amount of qualified medical professional all over twitter and the media in the last 24 hours. How anyone can make a qualified statement about an injury without any assessment is staggering. Let's all hope that the injury isn't as serious as is feared and Samir is only missinfor a short while. As to the poster who said Rodwell can fill in, they must be having a laugh. I seriously doubt whether he will play 90 minutes back to back this season.

remember arthur mann said:
Pigeonho said:
kenzie115 said:
Yanga-Mbiwa should get a serious ban for that, I'm hesitant to even call it a challenge. He tries pulling Nasri back, then bringing him down but with the last action he has no intention of winning the ball and is purely trying to hurt Nasri.

There are bad tackles that cause serious injuries and break legs but usually a player is attempting to win the ball, albeit in an aggressive manner, but Yanga-Mbiwa was thinking of nothing but taking Nasri out, which, as a fellow professional, is shocking.
Brazil and Warnock have called it an assault and, which I agree more with, a hack.

Can retrospective action be taken since he was shown a yellow, surely not to do so means the powers that be are condoning hacking players down with intent to cripple.
Have they not in the past taken retrospective action because the ref has put in his report that if he'd seen it from a different angle he'd have handled it differently?

MaineRoadBlue said:
Really, what is the clamour for retrospective action?

To use a 'Mancini-ism', 'this is football'

Some decision go for us, such as yesterday's disallowed goal and some against us such as Nasri's injury.

We just need to move on and get on with the next game.

No amount of whinging or retrospective punishment will affect Samir's recovery time and that's all that counts.

Won't help Nasri but it might stop him doing it to someone else

bobmcfc said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Some decision go for us, such as yesterday's disallowed goal and some against us such as Nasri's injury.

No amount of whinging or retrospective punishment will affect Samir's recovery time and that's all that counts.

especially after his keane-esque knee high stamp on a Wigan player (maloney I think)

aguero93:20 said:
bobmcfc said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

especially after his keane-esque knee high stamp on a Wigan player (maloney I think)

I don't get this "live with it" attitude like it makes us whingers or something. I am all for tackles but that lad took at least three swipes at Nasri befor he just decided to hack him out of pure anger and lack of ability ! I know risks come with the game but we shouldn't let players get away with challenges like that

Eds said:
Serious amount of qualified medical professional all over twitter and the media in the last 24 hours. How anyone can make a qualified statement about an injury without any assessment is staggering. Let's all hope that the injury isn't as serious as is feared and Samir is only missinfor a short while. As to the poster who said Rodwell can fill in, they must be having a laugh. I seriously doubt whether he will play 90 minutes back to back this season.

Well that`s a contradiction !!!!!

MaineRoadBlue said:

Would agree except for this incident it wasn't "this is football" where the opponent was making an honest, even if it was with too much force, attempt to get the ball. It was an assault and two attempts as well so, imho it should be looked at as a special case like the Thatcher one. The ref should be asked to explain if he saw the incident clearly, he may even had only booked him for persistent fouling; he was even looking to play-on and then saw Samri calling in distress to the bench stopped the game and booked the guy because Samri was seriously injured, he clearly didn't see the incident as the cameras did

Don't care if he gets banned or not. Doesnt help Nasri or us one bit.

And we've already seen Torres and Shrek get away with it. Does anyone think the rule will be applied fairly across all clubs.

bobmcfc said:
bobmcfc said:

I don't get this "live with it" attitude like it makes us whingers or something. I am all for tackles but that lad took at least three swipes at Nasri befor he just decided to hack him out of pure anger and lack of ability ! I know risks come with the game but we shouldn't let players get away with challenges like that
every single defender on the pitch knows that you cannot slide in from behind under any circumstances, not because its unfair, but because its dangerous, so he should be banned.end of.

bobmcfc said:
bobmcfc said:

Couldn't agree more Bob. It's about setting an example as well as righting a wrong. Vicious tackles like that are tantamount to common premeditated assault, and it certainly looks like it will have a severe impact on Samir 's livelihood. In addition it casts the league in a poor light.

It will be a test of the FA. Certainly the commentators on my international stream were strongly of the view that it should have been a straight red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.