Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Its looks like a bad one, terrible tackle foot well off the ground and straight into the side of his knee.

Knee ligaments are a nightmare, if you are unlucky a tackle like that can finish your career. Fingers crossed for him, with a bit of luck he might only miss a couple of months and still have time to play and get fit for the world cup.

When you see an injury like that and the player not get up and in so much pain though I really do fear hes out for the season as a minimum. The real worry is ACL, players are never the same when they get that injury.

Why not just wait until the scan results are known. The initial suggestions of 4 weeks was not too bad, and there's no reason to think otherwise at the moment

alera said:
The real worry is ACL, players are never the same when they get that injury.

Is that still the case, though? I remember back in the 90s when it seemed that players had a season off and then came back short of pace, and were never the same again. Edgehill was one of ours. Didn't Quinn do it to? So did Shearer I think.

It's something I've been interested in for a while: is the treatment so advanced now that players come back the same as they were? I've a feeling it is.

Latest ESPN report from Samir's dad. Encouraging

"Initial fears Nasri may have sustained a cruciate ligament injury, which would have ended his World Cup hopes, have dissipated, and though a scan on Monday will determine the exact nature of the problem, Nasri snr stated his son is optimistic he has merely suffered a severe twist of the left knee.

"I've spoken to Samir on the phone. The disappointment has subsided a little -- I tried to keep it inside, and he did as well. Samir will have an MRI on Monday. We'll then have a precise diagnosis. He's afraid of a long-term injury which will end his season and his dreams of the World Cup," he said.

"But after taking a step back to think about it, and with certain signs, he thinks it might just be a severe twist. If the meniscus is damaged, he'll be out two months, which isn't enormous. In that case, it could have been much worse and he'll even be able to take a breather and recharge his batteries. He's trying to keep things in perspective."

MaineRoadBlue said:
By the looks of that outfit, that may not be a brace and those may not be crutches.

Looks like he is off to an audition for some kind of extra in Star Wars or Elysium!

Thats the first thing I thought although I went for blakes 7

That's good news. All the suggestions coming from friends and family are that it isn't as bad as first feared. Hopefully the scan confirms that

SrilankanBlue said:
Poor Lad

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd2w5IeCIAAMElT.jpg:large[/bigimg]

Personally, I would have worn something other than my Retro Blake's Seven outfit to hospital.

Silva Service said:
Latest ESPN report from Samir's dad. Encouraging

"Initial fears Nasri may have sustained a cruciate ligament injury, which would have ended his World Cup hopes, have dissipated, and though a scan on Monday will determine the exact nature of the problem, Nasri snr stated his son is optimistic he has merely suffered a severe twist of the left knee.

"I've spoken to Samir on the phone. The disappointment has subsided a little -- I tried to keep it inside, and he did as well. Samir will have an MRI on Monday. We'll then have a precise diagnosis. He's afraid of a long-term injury which will end his season and his dreams of the World Cup," he said.

"But after taking a step back to think about it, and with certain signs, he thinks it might just be a severe twist. If the meniscus is damaged, he'll be out two months, which isn't enormous. In that case, it could have been much worse and he'll even be able to take a breather and recharge his batteries. He's trying to keep things in perspective."

I'd take that 2 months now, and I suspect he would.

I'm sure he's desperate to be involved in the cup final, BArca game, derby etc as well as the World Cup.

MaineRoadBlue said:
No amount of whinging or retrospective punishment will affect Samir's recovery time and that's all that counts.

A man gets stabbed walking down the street and ends up in hospital. The prediction is he'll make a full recovery in time. However, his recovery time will not be assisted by sentencing the bloke who stabbed him, should he therefore not be punished?

I hope that if the injury is long term (2 months or more) that the club make an announcement to that effect rather than leaving us speculating all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.