Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Very tactful of the OS to suggest that Samir 'picked up' a knee injury!

City have more class than a Bentley showroom ...

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Proelia said:
He couldn't replicate what Nasri does in a million years. He's quicker, but in the control, dribbling skills, change of direction, ball retention, vision and finishing departments, he's a country mile behind
What a crock of shit, navas has great control, vision and passing, he could play centrally no prob

We'll see soon enough won't we? Navas is a good player, but if you think he has the ability to run a game like Nasri, who is so much more than just a wide midfielder, then the only thing that's a crock of shit is your judgment. One of the things that sets Silva and Nasri apart in the PL is their ability to change direction at the drop of a hat to create time and space, and with the ball seemingly glued to their feet. Navas has given us an extra dimension this year, but he has an angular running style, and not a lot in the way of trickery. More of an upgraded Aaron Lennon IMO, drawing the full back in and then simply pushing it past him and sprinting. He's produced some quality crosses and cut backs, but I would be very surprised if he had what it takes to reproduce Nasri's role, and I doubt very much he'll be asked to

For vision and ball retention I dont think there's anyone better than Nasri at the club, Silva included.

Nasri is absolutely integral to what has developed into the city way of playing. Having him alongside Toure and Silva makes our midfield magical and mesmeric. I am concerned about whether our fluidity will reduce without him - let's see...

chesterbells said:
Proelia said:
What a crock of shit, navas has great control, vision and passing, he could play centrally no prob

We'll see soon enough won't we? Navas is a good player, but if you think he has the ability to run a game like Nasri, who is so much more than just a wide midfielder, then the only thing that's a crock of shit is your judgment. One of the things that sets Silva and Nasri apart in the PL is their ability to change direction at the drop of a hat to create time and space, and with the ball seemingly glued to their feet. Navas has given us an extra dimension this year, but he has an angular running style, and not a lot in the way of trickery. More of an upgraded Aaron Lennon IMO, drawing the full back in and then simply pushing it past him and sprinting. He's produced some quality crosses and cut backs, but I would be very surprised if he had what it takes to reproduce Nasri's role, and I doubt very much he'll be asked to

For vision and ball retention I dont think there's anyone better than Nasri at the club, Silva included.

Nasri is absolutely integral to what has developed into the city way of playing. Having him alongside Toure and Silva makes our midfield magical and mesmeric. I am concerned about whether our fluidity will reduce without him - let's see...

Yup. I share those concerns. I certainly think we've got to wrap Silva up in cotton wool for the next 2 months. I don't want to see him in the FA Cup, and ideally I'd want him substituted immediately whenever we get 2 goals clear in home games. The quartet of Ya Ya, Ferna, Nas and Silva is as good as any in world football. The loss of one component part would be bad enough, the loss of two would be an utter freakin' disaster

chesterbells said:

Yup. I share those concerns. I certainly think we've got to wrap Silva up in cotton wool for the next 2 months. I don't want to see him in the FA Cup, and ideally I'd want him substituted immediately whenever we get 2 goals clear in home games. The quartet of Ya Ya, Ferna, Nas and Silva is as good as any in world football. The loss of one component part would be bad enough, the loss of two would be an utter freakin' disaster

I take and agree with most of those points. But navas does bring something 'extra' to the party. As well as good delivery from the right, he wins an awful lot of corners by going outside people. He is also a great outlet ball later in a game when a team are coming at us. And he tackles and gets stuck in much better than Nasri, leaving the full back much less exposed. Whilst Nasri has much better control and passing, and more of a goal threat, I think we can live without him. Especially with Sergio back in the team who links up in our little passing moves better than dzeko.

What we agree 100% on is the importance of keeping silva fit.

Wait, is this is a misprint in The Guardian or is it 6 and not 8 weeks?

Nasri is not happy with Yanga-Mbiwa. "Of course he's very upset because he has to stop at this moment for six weeks with a serious injury. He cannot be happy but these things happen in football," said the manager.

Pellegrini talked the time down already to 5-6 weeks. Typical manager!

"He's a very important player but I hope he can come back in five or six weeks. It's important for the rest of the squad but it's the same thing that happened when [Vincent] Kompany, Agüero or [David] Silva were injured. We always had another player that replaced him and we will try to do that with Samir but he was in a very good moment."

Nasri is not happy with Yanga-Mbiwa. "Of course he's very upset because he has to stop at this moment for six weeks with a serious injury.
That League Cup Final is going to be a big target for Nasri I think. If he can make it, I'm sure he will push for it.

Probably too soon at this moment to have a good idea of exactly how long he will be out for.

If we're lucky it could work in our favour - we get a player back who is refreshed, but we will need the other players to stay fit.

Perhaps, and we've been saying it all season, Jovetic and Rodwell can step up. We have West Ham away, and maybe Watford at home in the Cups. They should be aiming for those games

I think he will make the League Cup final . It might be a blessing this injury . We will have a nice fresh Nasri for the run in to the end of the season .

It's probably too soon to know really the physios will probably have a better idea on his return date in 2-3 weeks

Marvin said:
Pellegrini talked the time down already to 5-6 weeks. Typical manager!

"He's a very important player but I hope he can come back in five or six weeks. It's important for the rest of the squad but it's the same thing that happened when [Vincent] Kompany, Agüero or [David] Silva were injured. We always had another player that replaced him and we will try to do that with Samir but he was in a very good moment."

Nasri is not happy with Yanga-Mbiwa. "Of course he's very upset because he has to stop at this moment for six weeks with a serious injury.
That League Cup Final is going to be a big target for Nasri I think. If he can make it, I'm sure he will push for it.

Probably too soon at this moment to have a good idea of exactly how long he will be out for.

If we're lucky it could work in our favour - we get a player back who is refreshed, but we will need the other players to stay fit.

Perhaps, and we've been saying it all season, We have West Ham away, and maybe Watford at home in the Cups. They should be aiming for those games
Jovetic and Rodwell can step up.

I've been dreaming of this. The problem is the minute they take a step up, they seem to take 2 steps down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.