Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri is NOT useless

Pinturicchio said:
bluethunder said:
salfordblue-tony2 said:
Dare i say, prove it?

"This statistic shows which players have created the clearest opportunities for their players to score. Leighton Baines is once again at the top with Nasri, Suarez, Cazorla & Mata making up the top five.:"

[bigimg]http://cdn.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Total-Clear-cut-chances-2013.png[/bigimg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.eplindex.com/32206/creative-players-201213-premier-league-chances-assists-clearcut-chances.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.eplindex.com/32206/creative- ... ances.html</a>

He's the one who played the least in this list and he doesn't get as much set pieces as Baines.... So quite impressive statistic there from Nasri.

But still I expect him to be more consistent. The same goes for Silva and Yaya, they weren't very consistent either.

what nasri is lacking is balls, he's not brave enough, he plays it safe, an attacking midfielder should not be like that.

Stats aside, i do believe Nasri could be more incisive and damaging with his possessions instead of playing the safe one-two passes he's usually accustomed to doing. That however, will likely come with confidence which is something he's still regaining from last season.

Another thing to note is Nasri's habit of slowing down the tempo by putting his foot on the ball. This happens occasionally. Its something that i hope Pellegrini will coach out of him.

Train said:
Stats aside, i do believe Nasri could be more incisive and damaging with his possessions instead of playing the safe one-two passes he's usually accustomed to doing. That however, will likely come with confidence which is something he's still regaining from last season.

Another thing to note is Nasri's habit of slowing down the tempo by putting his foot on the ball. This happens occasionally. Its something that i hope Pellegrini will coach out of him.

Will he coach hiding from the ball when its hit towards him out of him.

salfordblue-tony2 said:

When your low on confidence, mistakes can happen. Things that you don't mean to do, its human nature. It just so happened that his mistake was pretty big and obviously meant a lot to most people, and i don't blame them.

I was upset as well but in the context of everything that has happened to him and experiences that i've had before, i can understand. It doesn't mean i like what he did, but i can understand.

Train said:
salfordblue-tony2 said:

When your low on confidence, mistakes can happen. Things that you don't mean to do, its human nature. It just so happened that his mistake was pretty big and obviously meant a lot to most people, and i don't blame them.

I was upset as well but in the context of everything that has happened to him and experiences that i've had before, i can understand. It doesn't mean i like what he did, but i can understand.

Sorry mate, I'm all for mistakes can happen, but f@@k me that mistake. With the confidence and the points it gave the scum cost us the league.

He has never been my favorite player but i gota say he earned my respect when Mancini criticized him and he stepped up and finished the season playing very well. He seems to play well against Chelsea for some reason. I think he'll have a resurgence this season and play a bigger role than people think. hes only useless in a wall.

I think he will be important for us in playing a variety of roles as we rest others (see the same role for Milner). He is class and his stats last season were impressive. But he will always be damned by many on here for that late RVP goal in the derby.

He was our best player towards the later part of the season, but like Silva, does not pull the trigger often enough, always looking for one pass too many.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
Train said:

In fairness to Nasri - Hart, Clichy and especially Tevez (he gave the bloody free kick away stupidly) should be criticised for that too.

Did you ever consider that it was his job to slow down the tempo?

Our build up play was ridiculously slow last season but that seemed to be the aim.

I even remember a few times last season when RM wanted to calm the team down and hold a lead he put Nasri in to do what you're all giving out about him for doing.

Though I might be imagining it, he seems to have picked up the pace a bit since Pellers came, I for one will wait and see before i make any judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.