Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Samir seems to have developed into a decent lad so it cannot be his attitude, so is he really not in the best 23 French players? Is evra really a better left back than Gael? Platini and Deschamps are good friends, just saying

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
jared said:
MSP said:
Surely the best French player this season. Their loss.

He hasn't performed as well for France though. I think the vital game against Ukraine away made up deschamp's mind. To be fair everyone had a stinker that day but nasri substitute, valbuena(spelling?) replaced him and did well
Samir doesn't always perform brilliantly for City but when he does, he shows his class.

I'm a biased **** so I don't post on serious footballing topics much but I think it's incredible that Nasri isn't in the French wc squad.

Since joining City we've won the title twice and finished 2nd. Coincidence? Non. ;-)

Not our best player but probably most important for our style of possession football.

Clevers said:
Spending 6 to 8 weeks with Anara, he would probably be more rested if he was going to the World Cup.

Till it fell off

She deserves her own thread in the cellar

This is absolutely disgraceful but Sami saw it coming.
Yes, he did some stupid things in Euro 2012, yes he shoots his mouth off sometimes. He's recognised it, and apologized for it. So far as I know, he hasn't bitten a fellow player's ear, ever. Nor has he ever set out to injure a fellow player in such a way as to bring his career to an end (i.e. Keane) He has been very careful to be polite in public and with journos. If he's hated in the French dressing room, I'd be very curious to know if he's hated in the dressing room at the Etihad or Carrington. I don't somehow get that impression.
I think he's had a terrific season for us, and is a whole level above either Valbuena or Cabaye, who are the direct rivals. France have shot themselves in the foot, and will not go far in Brazil. Fuck 'em! (and I say that as someone who usually wishes France well, after England, of course ;-) ).
Actually, the team I've really got a soft spot for are Argentina, not just for the obvious reasons, but because I think they are capable of playing terrific football, and, having been there, I can tell you they are perhaps the most football-mad country in the world. Ok, off thread. Enough of that.
I really would like us to find a song for Sami, to sing in the opening home match of 2014-15.

Blue Hefner said:
Any news on a new contract?
He sacked his agent and sent his missus instead, he's getting a £2.5m p/w contract, the club captaincy, shitloads of bonuses in a 10 year deal and Txiki and Ferran have much higher pitched voices than they used to.

Interesting now if one of their midfielders get injured and he gets the call (assuming he's on standby?)

Wonder if his lass would go to Brazil then.........AWKWARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.