Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

The assist on the 2nd goal showed his amazing vision. Although I'm not 100% he was looking for S-Jov and not Zabaleta I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'll never understand people getting on his back. Even when it looks like he is shite he is so crucial part of City's football philosophy it's untrue. He gels everything in City football style and his work is more often than not a catalyst for Silva and Yaya to do the final magic.

pweyhe said:
You can see all the evidence of how great a player he is in games like today's. His involvement in both of the first 2 goals was excellent! I even saw Arsenal fans on Twitter talking about how class he is.

I think most fans know how important he is, but some people love to talk about his 'sideways' passing. Well take a look at the second goal.. all the build up he played before the crucial moment was every bit as important as the actual pass he made to set it up. He's moving around working with 3 different players in a small area to open up pockets of space, and suddenly Coutinho is in a defensive position, and we have open space going into the box. It's brilliant!

He also works so hard all over the field. He gets back on defense, and we could never play 2 in midfield without him moving into the center and providing extra options. I don't even know why I'm bothering trying to convince the haters on here, because clearly Pellegrini knows his worth!

So good to read a post by someone who knows his football.

After watching the replay it reinforced to me that he had a great game. He was everywhere. All credit to Samir.

He has his ongoing critics on here, but I am sure that Pellers thinks quite differently and values him enormously as a player.

MSP said:
I'll never understand people getting on his back. Even when it looks like he is shite he is so crucial part of City's football philosophy it's untrue. He gels everything in City football style and his work is more often than not a catalyst for Silva and Yaya to do the final magic.

In some ways I think it's because his role in the team isn't one that we've seen before. He's not a playmaker specifically, he isn't a winger or a huge goal threat (despite being an excellent finisher). He just knits everything together.

When Nasri, Silva and Toure start overloading teams by playing within ten yards of each other it's mesmeric, and any one of the three could at any minute switch the play or find an angle to put a fullback or forward in behind the defence.

It's even more exciting now that Jovetic is in there, as he's equally comfortable dropping deep or moving into channels. We must be an absolute fucking nightmare to defend against when we're on our game.

jollylescott said:
After watching the replay it reinforced to me that he had a great game. He was everywhere. All credit to Samir.

He has his ongoing critics on here, but I am sure that Pellers thinks quite differently and values him enormously as a player.

Exactly.

Instrumental in the first two goals and otherwise worked hard. Post-match giving Jovo the MOTM award covered in sweat and still out of breath.

Pellers keeps picking him. That's all you need to know.

Most frustrating of players for me, and personally I don't think he had a great game. One of his strongest qualities normally is his ability to retain possession and in the first half he gave it away repeatedly.

The thing that drives me bonkers about him is his constant slowing down of play, especially when we are in threatening positions, he seems to favour pirouetting and passing backwards instead of the penetrating forward pass. And he takes too bloody long over it as well. The tippy tappy 5 yard passes "to you Yaya", "no back to you Samir", "no you have it Yaya" bollocks does my head in at times.

That said, he was instrumental in the first 2 goals. I just wish he was a bit more direct and less farting about. We would have scored a 4th or 5th goal I reckon has he not fannied about so much towards the end.

I think overall he's a really good player and I do value him. I just think he could be a sensational player if he was more direct.

Chippy_boy said:
Most frustrating of players for me, and personally I don't think he had a great game. One of his strongest qualities normally is his ability to retain possession and in the first half he gave it away repeatedly.

The thing that drives me bonkers about him is his constant slowing down of play, especially when we are in threatening positions, he seems to favour pirouetting and passing backwards instead of the penetrating forward pass. And he takes too bloody long over it as well. The tippy tappy 5 yard passes "to you Yaya", "no back to you Samir", "no you have it Yaya" bollocks does my head in at times.

That said, he was instrumental in the first 2 goals. I just wish he was a bit more direct and less farting about. We would have scored a 4th or 5th goal I reckon has he not fannied about so much towards the end.

I think overall he's a really good player and I do value him. I just think he could be a sensational player if he was more direct.

Agreed two good passes does not a great player make.

I thought he did well last night. Did a lot of hard graft and tracking back.

Chippy_boy said:

Perfect summarisation, quite lazy at times last night. Can do a good job if you want to stop the game dead !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.