Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri is NOT useless

I've never liked the guy because his style is outdated and he's a massively overrated player, but I was willing to give him a chance at City. I gave him one, and he demonstrated everything I already knew. I'd rather we played Jovetic right in a Mueller role, that's how desperate I am. Of course in an ideal world Navas would score and assist 20 a season but I know how he works and knew he wasn't good enough for our side. I'm all for playing one genuine wide man, but people jumped on the Navas hype train simply because he offered 'genuine width', genuine width means nothing if you don't know how to use it properly.

TheSoulhunter said:
I don't know why people don't like him. He's a good player. Last season wasn't so good but now he has started well.
Because often when he's on the pitch our play slows,goes sideways or even backwards.i don't think his 'casual'style/approach does him any favours either.

Too much of a luxury player for me,great as long as the general going is.

Joburg Hero said:
I've never liked the guy because his style is outdated and he's a massively overrated player, but I was willing to give him a chance at City. I gave him one, and he demonstrated everything I already knew. I'd rather we played Jovetic right in a Mueller role, that's how desperate I am. Of course in an ideal world Navas would score and assist 20 a season but I know how he works and knew he wasn't good enough for our side. I'm all for playing one genuine wide man, but people jumped on the Navas hype train simply because he offered 'genuine width', genuine width means nothing if you don't know how to use it properly.

Which club do you support?

I'm all for new fans but when the chat as much shit as Joburg Hero and the other fella Firsummatorother then it's almost too much to take. I miss being shit

BibbyBlue85 said:
I'm all for new fans but when the chat as much shit as Joburg Hero and the other fella Firsummatorother then it's almost too much to take. I miss being shit

I get the feeling Joburg Hero is a new fan alright, just not of City.

SebastianBlue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

I get the feeling Joburg Hero is a new fan alright, just not of City.

and rather obviously about it, too

City fan all my life, Seasoncard holder before moving out to RSA and despite living 5000 miles away I've still not missed a minute of a City match since moving here, I just study the game more than most of you and when I know something I'm not afraid to express it.

Joburg Hero said:
City fan all my life, Seasoncard holder before moving out to RSA and despite living 5000 miles away I've still not missed a minute of a City match since moving here, I just study the game more than most of you and when I know something I'm not afraid to express it.

If all of that is true, which I still have difficulty believing given your post history, I can only imagine how you were during the Pearce era.

I can't say I agree with much of what you say, and I have been playing football, supporting City, and studying the game (going to many Premier League, La Liga, and Bundesliga matches) since I was 5 years old (basically when I was aware enough to have some actual idea of what I was doing/observing).

Still, whatever makes you feel superior mate.

SebastianBlue said:
Joburg Hero said:

If all of that is true, which I still have difficulty believing given your post history, I can only imagine how you were during the Pearce era.

I can't say I agree with much of what you say, and I have been playing football, supporting City, and studying the game (going to many Premier League, La Liga, and Bundesliga matches) since I was 5 years old (basically when I was aware enough to have some actual idea of what I was doing/observing).

Still, whatever makes you feel superior mate.

Its you that sounds like a pompous pr***k . This is a Football Forum ..If someone has a contrary view it does not make them a 'new' fan ..
I thought Joburg made a valid point better than I could because I feel about nasri as Bobby did i.e I'd like to smack the lazy mercenary...

FantasyIreland said:
TheSoulhunter said:
I don't know why people don't like him. He's a good player. Last season wasn't so good but now he has started well.
Because often when he's on the pitch our play slows,goes sideways or even backwards.i don't think his 'casual'style/approach does him any favours either.

Too much of a luxury player for me,great as long as the general going is.
Did he not score vital goals in narrow wins against Chelsea and Spurs during our title winning season, I think one other too. He's inconsistent, but not a fair weather player. In fact one of the best performances I ever saw of him, was for Arsenal during our 3 nil win at home in Hughes' first season. He was the only one who gived a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.