Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Absolutely fantastic today, and looked good against Plzen, hope he can continue with this form.

Bang on the money. Today I thought he actually looked like he wanted to play for the shirt. 10/10 for me.

Manchester_lalala said:
hgblue said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Covered 11 kilometres today. Ran more than anyone else on the pitch. Superb. Keep it up son!

Superb performance. Did we miss David today?

Did we balls. Silva doesn't deserve a place in the team at the minute with Nasri playing like he is. Like someone said on the post match thread, David's been on cruise mode for far too long.
TBF that's unfair on both players. The issue with them has never been the player's abilities, it been the positions they've been told to play and the formation of the team.

It's taken a while, but now we've started to use just one defensive midfielder and moved Nasri into a central two, that has been the catalyst for his improved form and I'm absolutely certain that if we substitute Silva for Nasri we'll see a similar upturn in Silva's performances too.

He is a world class player. Every time he got the ball today he looked to go forward and take it to the rags. With the ability he has that's worrying for the opposition. All about confidence & I can only think that's come from the new management.

FantasyIreland said:
Ive never been a fan,he is changing that fact fast.

Another superb performance.

Yep, after that performance today I'll forgive him his shithouse act last season.

I've been one of his fiercest critics - rightly in my opinion, but this is the first time since he signed for us that he has actually performed %100 against proper opposition in an important game.
Can he keep it up? If yes, then he's won me over and can keep his place.

Just the fact he's managed to put that performance in straight after his performance against Plzen elevates him above the Chelsea game and the like. Almost like he hadn't come off the pitch.

Will be interesting to see if when Silva is fit he's expected to play the exact same role, and they will rotate with one another, or we try and get both in the same side. You have to say in the past couple of games there has only been been room for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.