Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Wretched Vengeance said:
Seems to want to take players on, which is something he was rightly criticised for on here for not doing last season, always seemed to look for the easy option. An absolute joy to watch right now.

100% this. We're finally seeing some of Nasri's amazing skills; skills I thought we'd never see in a City jersey. He has a new found confidence undoubtedly helped on by Pellegrini's clever man management. I'm so excited to watch this lad playing for us now.

Didsbury Dave said:
ManCitizens. said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've criticised Nasri since his arrival and this season he's proving me wrong in spades. Brilliant to see. He is loving our new pass and move game and is rapidly becoming an integral part of it

I'm the same. IMO were playing a basic 442 with Fernandinho sitting and Yaya pushing on. When Nasri attacks on the right Silva comes over and sits deeper than the 2 cm's whilst Zaba attacks the wing. It's the same on the other side vice versa with Clichy bombing forward. Each player has 3-4 options at all times.

Pellegrini has our attack spot on.

With regards to Nasri, you've hit the nail on the head. He doesn't need to keep checking back because he's always got options finding space around him. Even if our attacking players haven't really made space, they are looking for little balls in to feet, and Nasri is playing them. And they are all so good that they can make things happen even when tightly marked.

It's an absolute joy to witness. And by Christ, silva is playing so well that he makes everyone around him look better. Sergio too.
I love the way we advance up the pitch towards our ultimate goal of being camped in the opposition half. Sometimes you don't even think there is any space, but since Nasri, Silva, Yaya and Aguero all WANT the ball when marked, they don't even need that much space. In the blink of an eye they are slicing through the centre of the park, playing perfectly angled passes, cutting out 2 or 3 players each time. It's fucking awesome to watch. The problem comes when we put someone like Milner in there, as he doesn't have the technique to keep the ball when tightly marked, nor does he fully appreciate that our world class players WANT the ball in those situations. There's nothing more infuriating than when there's a ball on to Silva or Nasri, but the player in possession opts to pass backwards because he thinks they are too tightly marked, even though they are not. But when we don't have any of these basic players in the attacking positions, we are unplayable.

Tricky_Trev said:
Didsbury Dave said:
ManCitizens. said:
I'm the same. IMO were playing a basic 442 with Fernandinho sitting and Yaya pushing on. When Nasri attacks on the right Silva comes over and sits deeper than the 2 cm's whilst Zaba attacks the wing. It's the same on the other side vice versa with Clichy bombing forward. Each player has 3-4 options at all times.

Pellegrini has our attack spot on.

With regards to Nasri, you've hit the nail on the head. He doesn't need to keep checking back because he's always got options finding space around him. Even if our attacking players haven't really made space, they are looking for little balls in to feet, and Nasri is playing them. And they are all so good that they can make things happen even when tightly marked.

It's an absolute joy to witness. And by Christ, silva is playing so well that he makes everyone around him look better. Sergio too.
I love the way we advance up the pitch towards our ultimate goal of being camped in the opposition half. Sometimes you don't even think there is any space, but since Nasri, Silva, Yaya and Aguero all WANT the ball when marked, they don't even need that much space. In the blink of an eye they are slicing through the centre of the park, playing perfectly angled passes, cutting out 2 or 3 players each time. It's fucking awesome to watch. The problem comes when we put someone like Milner in there, as he doesn't have the technique to keep the ball when tightly marked, nor does he fully appreciate that our world class players WANT the ball in those situations. There's nothing more infuriating than when there's a ball on to Silva or Nasri, but the player in possession opts to pass backwards because he thinks they are too tightly marked, even though they are not. But when we don't have any of these basic players in the attacking positions, we are unplayable.

Yeah, we aren't the same team when you take a couple of the footballers out. You could see it on weds when Milner and kolorov came on, bayern without silva and negredo, Newcastle.

Always Loved the lad and thought that Mancini was holding him back... He is a risk taker. I'm sure Pellegrini told him:" Nasri, listen. If you think you have a 50% chance to take a player, do it".

Simply because he is a class act!!

His revival in form began when he was criticised last season.

bobmcfc said:

Yeah, definitely an interesting (and true) point. I agree with people that Mancini might have been holding him back, but we might still owe a small thanks to Mancini for the criticism that appears to have reinvigorated Nasri to take full advantage of the opportunities he's now getting under Pellegrini.

mr.autumn said:
bobmcfc said:

Yeah, definitely an interesting (and true) point. I agree with people that Mancini might have been holding him back, but we might still owe a small thanks to Mancini for the criticism that appears to have reinvigorated Nasri to take full advantage of the opportunities he's now getting under Pellegrini.

He has taken everything on board and given himself a kick up the behind. He must feel amazing at the moment knowing how sublime his performances have been. Long may it continue.

bobmcfc said:

This is bang on he was our best player over the last 10 games last season. I know it hardly counts but he was great on the US tour. Good to see how the crowd have finally gotten behind him.

ManAD said:
Always Loved the lad and thought that Mancini was holding him back... He is a risk taker. I'm sure Pellegrini told him:" Nasri, listen. If you think you have a 50% chance to take a player, do it".

Simply because he is a class act!!
I don't think Bobby was holding him back .He wanted Nasri to work hard and improve his defensive duties...that is all...
Bobby recognized his talent and bought him .Look at Samir's performance now .He has become a well rounded player ,even better then his Arsenal days.

nmc said:
bobmcfc said:

This is bang on he was our best player over the last 10 games last season. I know it hardly counts but he was great on the US tour. Good to see how the crowd have finally gotten behind him.

One thing about the City support, it might woman and moan about players that aren't at their best but they very quickly acknowledge good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.