Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Great form at the moment, but for me, the real test for Nasri is he is able to continue this run of form away from home, where he's typically been a passenger in recent years.

Incredibly gifted player. Retains possession of the ball in every situation. The difference is stark when Milner and Navas come on, we start giving the ball away for fun. Nasri is one of our most important players at the moment as he allows us to advance up the pitch and camp oursleves in the opposition half and apply sustained pressure. Nasri, Silva, Yaya and Kun together is a joy to watch. They're all on the same wavelength and know each others movements inside out.

Tricky_Trev said:
Incredibly gifted player. Retains possession of the ball in every situation. The difference is stark when Milner and Navas come on, we start giving the ball away for fun. Nasri is one of our most important players at the moment as he allows us to advance up the pitch and camp oursleves in the opposition half and apply sustained pressure. Nasri, Silva, Yaya and Kun together is a joy to watch. They're all on the same wavelength and know each others movements inside out.

This this and this again ! Spot on post.

Samir is so, so talented. He hasn't always channeled that talent in the right way but now he seems to have his head straight and be loving his football.

So pleased he is at our club.

I think we are now beginning to see the attributes of a manager who players respond to. It was telling that Samir said on interview a manager needs to know who to kick and who to put an arm around. Roberto was brilliant for us as a club and I will be always grateful to him but Manuel is on the next level in terms of player relationships. Klopp and Pep are the only two managers who then are the next level. I don't count Chelsea's boss as he just creates a siege mentality. I think MP is doing a sterling job and players like Samir are now showing what they can do. I also like how he has handled the Hart and Edin affair. Particularly with Dzeko - he said at the start he was the number one striker and when Edin didn't pull his tripe out (ala Sergio who has a team ethic as well as unbelievable finishing) he drops to the bench. I love supporting a club where smiles abound alongside more effort -I can only see us getting better and better.

Chris in London said:
One of the things my lad pointed out to me on Saturday was that in the first half Nasri was on his way over to take a corner near the singing section. The ball was on the byline and instead of bending over to pick it up he did a little flick with his right boot so the ball spun up off his left heel. Little bit of skill for no particular reason.

I noticed something similar last night. In the second half, i think the ball had gone out for a corner in the opposite corner - underneath the big screen at the north end of the ground. The ball came to him to collect for a corner or a throw in and when he flicked it up for himself he did a little round the world with it. Again, a little bit of showboating for no particular reason other than because he can.

It reminded me of nothing more than the kids on the park on Saturday mornings, practising their little flicks and tricks. I took it as a sign of a player who is really really enjoying his football and as a result is full of confidence. He knows one bad performance won't see him dropped. He knows what his role in the team is, and is comfortable with it. He isn't being asked to do something that isn't his game. And in the derby, even without Merlin alongside him, he ripped the rags a new one.

Long may it continue.

Was about to post exactly this. The ball had gone out for a throw and whilst a ball boy chucked Clichy a new ball, the previous one came back on the pitch. Nasri flicked it up and did a round the world in one motion before knocking it back off the pitch. I said 'looks like someone's enjoying his football again' and I think that's playing a big part in his rejuvenation this season.

jollylescott said:
Watching the game back there was one moment around the 15th minute where he somehow retained the ball against three of their players and managed to pass the ball to Silva, who in turn squeezed through a couple of their players and had a shot which hit the side netting.

That moment for Samir reminded me of something similar that Merlin did in the 6-1 against the rags. My point being that when Nasri is playing at his peak he is very close to being a world class player. If he continues in this level of form he will be a key player for the rest of the season.

He is definitely a player we need to re-sign asap.
I believe Silva's shot might have hit the post. I'll have to watch it again to make sure. :)

He is as he was at Ar$enil, good on him for not seeking an Adebayor-styel loan out and leave. He is putting in a shift and looking good, well done.

Only just logged on, so this has probably already been discussed but these stats on his effectiveness come as no shock.

<a class="postlink" href="http://squawka.com/news/2013/11/06/samir-nasri-v-cska/2013110632553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://squawka.com/news/2013/11/06/sami ... 3110632553</a>

An absolute joy to watch, on Saturday and again last night

chesterbells said:
Only just logged on, so this has probably already been discussed but these stats on his effectiveness come as no shock.

<a class="postlink" href="http://squawka.com/news/2013/11/06/samir-nasri-v-cska/2013110632553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://squawka.com/news/2013/11/06/sami ... 3110632553</a>

An absolute joy to watch, on Saturday and again last night
Excellent, people criticised his end product but he's showing us all he can do it.

Highlights from both games against Norwich and CSKA.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYoQjTrcuIk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SCpW1J2bQ[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.