Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

I've criticised Nasri since his arrival and this season he's proving me wrong in spades. Brilliant to see. He is loving our new pass and move game and is rapidly becoming an integral part of it

Didsbury Dave said:
I've criticised Nasri since his arrival and this season he's proving me wrong in spades. Brilliant to see. He is loving our new pass and move game and is rapidly becoming an integral part of it

I'm the same. IMO were playing a basic 442 with Fernandinho sitting and Yaya pushing on. When Nasri attacks on the right Silva comes over and sits deeper than the 2 cm's whilst Zaba attacks the wing. It's the same on the other side vice versa with Clichy bombing forward. Each player has 3-4 options at all times.

Pellegrini has our attack spot on.

Didsbury Dave said:

As I said earlier in the thread,the criticism was warranted,he was a huge let down last season and the fact we all knew he was capable of so much more was,for me,what made his performances all the more frustrating.

Maybe we can thank Pellegrini's input,however,i don't really care for the reason,i'm just made up the penny has finally dropped........he now deserves the recognition and the plaudits for such.

ManCitizens. said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'm the same. IMO were playing a basic 442 with Fernandinho sitting and Yaya pushing on. When Nasri attacks on the right Silva comes over and sits deeper than the 2 cm's whilst Zaba attacks the wing. It's the same on the other side vice versa with Clichy bombing forward. Each player has 3-4 options at all times.

Pellegrini has our attack spot on.

With regards to Nasri, you've hit the nail on the head. He doesn't need to keep checking back because he's always got options finding space around him. Even if our attacking players haven't really made space, they are looking for little balls in to feet, and Nasri is playing them. And they are all so good that they can make things happen even when tightly marked.

It's an absolute joy to witness. And by Christ, silva is playing so well that he makes everyone around him look better. Sergio too.

Nasri has been great this season. As has silva. Nasri seems to have a special relationship with Yaya on the pitch as well.

Devils advocate, has it taken the arrival of Navas to disprove the notion of the need for width that everyone harked on about. Or conversely has this spurned Nasri on. Or just Pelligrini having faith and making him a first choice week in week out.

got so good that now we don't even miss Silva that much, 4-1 vs. United being a good example.

johnmc said:
Nasri has been great this season. As has silva. Nasri seems to have a special relationship with Yaya on the pitch as well.

Devils advocate, has it taken the arrival of Navas to disprove the notion of the need for width that everyone harked on about. Or conversely has this spurned Nasri on. Or just Pelligrini having faith and making him a first choice week in week out.

I'm not sure about that John.

I think we may encounter defences so tightly packed that merlin and gandalf cannot pick their way through, when pace and width from navas and kolarov will provide the answer.

But we haven't played them yet.

johnmc said:

It's the system. Risking possession was anathema to Manicini. Not knocking him on that because it has proven effective over the decades, but Nasri is a player that needs to have the go-ahead foot play a riskier game to flourish.

Train said:
Highlights from both games against Norwich and CSKA.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYoQjTrcuIk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2SCpW1J2bQ[/youtube]

Amazing. Every touch is a nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.