Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samir Nasri

Navas in a central role is like putting a square peg in a round hole. He is much better utilized wide right where his speed is clear advantage and his severe one footedness isn't that big of a deal. I just don't it happening

Didsbury Dave said:
Proelia said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
He couldn't replicate what Nasri does in a million years. He's quicker, but in the control, dribbling skills, change of direction, ball retention, vision and finishing departments, he's a country mile behind
What a crock of shit, navas has great control, vision and passing, he could play centrally no prob
he won't be needed to play centrally. Nasri plays wide.

He starts wide, and often attacks wide- him and Kolarov, and indeed Clicy have contributed to a number of goals by Nasri feeding overlapping runs with well weighted passes.

I think what has really set Nasri apart this season, though, has been ability to affect play from BOTH wide, and central positions. The way he drifts into central positions, often relatively deep and dictates play from there has been a real asset to us this season- plus the triangles that Him, Yaya and Silva play in the middle of the park are becoming a regular thing- almost every game now.

Not saying other players can't do this- I think Navas has the natural ability to (not sure Milner could sustain it, though he offers a lot of other stuff), but I am not sure Nasri only plays wide...??

jared said:
Navas in a central role is like putting a square peg in a round hole. He is much better utilized wide right where his speed is clear advantage and his severe one footedness isn't that big of a deal. I just don't it happening
He won't be played anywhere but on the right, where he's always played...

jared said:
One footedness, silva is the most one footed player in the world

Proelia said:
jared said:

Lescott?

Proelia said:
jared said:

Apart from maybe Messi and Maradonna

I think he did not endear himself to the City faithful after ducking out of the way for the free kick against United last season, but he did acknowledge that last season he had some personal problems and that he went and discussed this with family and friends and started this season with wan a new and open mind. He is without doubt hitting the strides that made us part with big money for his services and deserves all his praise, he was again brilliant on Sunday against Newcastle, until he was taken out of the game and has been unfortunate in that respect. Delighted for both the player and the club that he is back to his best, and best of Luck to the lad in recuperation.

dancity19 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Proelia said:
What a crock of shit, navas has great control, vision and passing, he could play centrally no prob
he won't be needed to play centrally. Nasri plays wide.

He starts wide, and often attacks wide- him and Kolarov, and indeed Clicy have contributed to a number of goals by Nasri feeding overlapping runs with well weighted passes.

I think what has really set Nasri apart this season, though, has been ability to affect play from BOTH wide, and central positions. The way he drifts into central positions, often relatively deep and dictates play from there has been a real asset to us this season- plus the triangles that Him, Yaya and Silva play in the middle of the park are becoming a regular thing- almost every game now.

Not saying other players can't do this- I think Navas has the natural ability to (not sure Milner could sustain it, though he offers a lot of other stuff), but I am not sure Nasri only plays wide...??

Nasri and Silva both have license to roam when City have the ball. When we don't have the ball, they are supposed to occupy the wide midfield positions; although depending on their wanderings, team mates may have to fill in for them (Dzeko did this admirably at one point on Sunday).

Navas is a very good player but he's no Nasri and I wouldn't want him in a central role but they already both play the same main role for City; they just don't play it in exactly the same way. Nasri and Silva are first choice picks for the wide midfield roles in the team, Navas is third choice, Milner fourth choice, Lopes fifth choice and Jovetic is not fit enough to be counted.

Another option is Kolarov. We have already seen him play in front of Clichy this season. However, we need to be able to rotate the full backs.<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:16 pm --<br /><br />
BlueSiam said:
Proelia said:
jared said:

Apart from maybe Messi and Maradonna

I'm pretty sure I've seen Messi score goals with his right foot.

Proelia said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
taconinja said:
One thing we should perhaps consider is Navas might be able to play more centrally when needed. I think he has the talent to do so in a similar fashion to Nasri.

He couldn't replicate what Nasri does in a million years. He's quicker, but in the control, dribbling skills, change of direction, ball retention, vision and finishing departments, he's a country mile behind

We'll see soon enough won't we? Navas is a good player, but if you think he has the ability to run a game like Nasri, who is so much more than just a wide midfielder, then the only thing that's a crock of shit is your judgment. One of the things that sets Silva and Nasri apart in the PL is their ability to change direction at the drop of a hat to create time and space, and with the ball seemingly glued to their feet. Navas has given us an extra dimension this year, but he has an angular running style, and not a lot in the way of trickery. More of an upgraded Aaron Lennon IMO, drawing the full back in and then simply pushing it past him and sprinting. He's produced some quality crosses and cut backs, but I would be very surprised if he had what it takes to reproduce Nasri's role, and I doubt very much he'll be asked to

kun16augero said:
I think he did not endear himself to the City faithful after ducking out of the way for the free kick against United last season, but he did acknowledge that last season he had some personal problems and that he went and discussed this with family and friends and started this season with wan a new and open mind. He is without doubt hitting the strides that made us part with big money for his services and deserves all his praise, he was again brilliant on Sunday against Newcastle, until he was taken out of the game and has been unfortunate in that respect. Delighted for both the player and the club that he is back to his best, and best of Luck to the lad in recuperation.

Totally agree with all of this. Along with AK the most improved player this season.

I am absolutely gutted for him and hope to hell that it doesn't affect mentally when he does come back. It wasn't a tackle.......it was an assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.