Player thread: Samir Nasri (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nasri return

bitsmith said:
FantasyIreland said:

Oh boy, how we missed his exchanges with Silva against Chelsea.

I think what we missed most was him drawing players away from Silva. With Silva and Nasri and Yaya on the field, the opposition can't stop all 3 of them from playing. On Saturday, they only had to concentrate on Silva.

Will be amazing to get our holy trinity back together again! Sergio and wilfried will have a field day!

Really looking forward to seeing Sami back in action this weekend. The timing could only have been better if he'd have made last weekend's match. Key now is to get him back to his pre injury form by the time Barcelona pitch up at the Etihad.

Nice one! For some reason, not everyone's cup o'tea but one of our most important players when he's on form as evidenced in both title winning seasons. Glad he's back.

Maybe to come off the bench?

KippaxCitizen said:
Nice one! For some reason, not everyone's cup o'tea but one of our most important players when he's on form as evidenced in both title winning seasons. Glad he's back.

I'm sure the haters will soon notice what he offers when he gets back into form, we've really missed him these last few weeks.

Still adamant that we would have beat Chelsea last week with him in the side.

Chippy_boy said:
bitsmith said:
FantasyIreland said:

Oh boy, how we missed his exchanges with Silva against Chelsea.

I think what we missed most was him drawing players away from Silva. With Silva and Nasri and Yaya on the field, the opposition can't stop all 3 of them from playing. On Saturday, they only had to concentrate on Silva.

Last season there was a period before Christmas when it really clicked between Silva and Nasri. For the first time, they were complementary to each other, reading each other's game perfectly. With Yaya on top form, and Fernandinho feeding those three, the midfield was simply unstoppable. In my sober opinion, it was the best midfield in Europe at that point. It gave us huge amounts of possession — and that always protects the back line — and the through balls to Sergio, Beast and Edin were top quality. For me, the midfield was the key. If we can get that back, we will overhaul Chelsea. Give Kun the service, and Wilfried, and they will do the job.

chris85mcfc said:
KippaxCitizen said:

I'm sure the haters will soon notice what he offers when he gets back into form, we've really missed him these last few weeks.

Apart from his individual talent, it was noticeable both in the Chelsea game and the arsenal gamed how much Silva needs Nasri, and vice versa, when we are controlling the ball around the opposition box. The last couple of weeks he has looked around to see Fernando standing there and probably despaired.

There was a time when Nasri and Silva didn't seem to work as a combination. Those times have changed and we really need the holy trinity of Yaya, Merlin and Nasri for the big games coming up.

Would we have beaten Chelsea? It's speculation but looking at that Chelsea team we would have ripped them apart.

Excellent news. I imagine we'll see him coming off the bench against Hull.

jollylescott said:
chris85mcfc said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Apart from his individual talent, it was noticeable both in the Chelsea game and the arsenal gamed how much Silva needs Nasri, and vice versa, when we are controlling the ball around the opposition box. The last couple of weeks he has looked around to see Fernando standing there and probably despaired.

There was a time when Nasri and Silva didn't seem to work as a combination. Those times have changed and we really need the holy trinity of Yaya, Merlin and Nasri for the big games coming up.

Would we have beaten Chelsea? It's speculation but looking at that Chelsea team we would have ripped them apart.

Nasri is one of my favourite City players and always has been. I've had countless arguments with my mate at work (City fan) as he just didn't see what he offered the team.

He doesn't quite see that final ball like Silva does, but for me his passing and moving is even better than Spsnish Dave's.

Should be an absolutely huge boost to have Nasri, Yaya and wilf coming in all at the same time, I hope we can grasp this confidence and go on a run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.