Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's overrated full stop. City fans just have an affiliation with him because he is a nice bloke so his poor perforamcnes do not get scrutinised.

I remembr against Barca it was his poor positioning that made Demichalis give away then pen and ultimately got himself sent off. City fans were killing Martin D, and nothing was said about his poor position that let Messi get away.

He hasn't been good enough as a leader of a challenging time since the year we won the league with Mancini.

agyeiboateng said:
He's overrated full stop. City fans just have an affiliation with him because he is a nice bloke so his poor perforamcnes do not get scrutinised.

I remembr against Barca it was his poor positioning that made Demichalis give away then pen and ultimately got himself sent off. City fans were killing Martin D, and nothing was said about his poor position that let Messi get away.

He hasn't been good enough as a leader of a challenging time since the year we won the league with Mancini.

Yes, you're right, he was the best in the world under a manager who knew how to set up a team to defend. Since then he's dropped to top 5 in the world.

agyeiboateng said:

over rated no.

being played in wrong position yes

he should be playing defensive midfield, would do a great job there.

He over rates himself.

What was he doing in the 1st minutes trying to take on the forwards in his own penalty area. He needs to come down to Earth.

I don't think he's healthy. He's a statue out there right now. Been positively terrible the last two games and made to look foolish on multiple occasions today:

themanc said:
agyeiboateng said:

over rated no.

being played in wrong position yes

he should be playing defensive midfield, would do a great job there.
huh....what a bizarre post

In that one world class season he had he was playing as a CB. It was Mark Hughes that played him as a DM LOL

Marvin said:
He over rates himself.

What was he doing in the 1st minutes trying to take on the forwards in his own penalty area. He needs to come down to Earth.
I actually think that's as good an assessment as we're going to see.

Doesn't seem to know that some tackles he can't win and some recoveries he can't make.

It's the names that are sung loudest that are letting us down most with Zaba and Milner too. Pellegrini could do with taking everyone down a peg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.