Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly being sheltered from criticism on here due to past performances and rightly so.

However, he is currently our 3/4th best centre half on form, Boyota was better today.

buckshot said:
Something is definitely wrong right now, you can't play him against Chelsea.

I tell you what, i think that his injury record is taking its tole on his body now.
He has never been the same dominant self since his first hamstring injury on December 2012.
Now, he already has been out four times ( sic !!!! ) for the very same torn hamstring since that day.

I have been into body building and weight-lifting myself since my early twenties, and i can tell you that a torn muscle never recovers 99%.
You can't hide what's clearly there for all to see, he just won't reach the same level of fitness and speed.
And we shouldn't have rushed him so early into the competition.

He's just been kamikaze lately and he needs to tone it down. There's no need for him to come 15-20 yards up the pitch to win a ball or come out from the back and try and take on a few players. This is a useful at times but often than not he's been going missing recently.

I imagine he doesn't feel comfortable back there with some of the iffy performances from Mangala/Demi/Clichy/Kolarov this season but he's been just as bad and I think he tries to take on too much rather than just do his job.

I don't think he's had a season without injury for us, that doesn't help.

Well last season we had Garcia covering the back line and the season before that we NDJ. This season we have a good for nothing octopus who leaves the back line totally exposed. I really wouldn't put much of the blame on Vinny. He was played out of position and was paired with Boyata .

ZZmaestro said:
buckshot said:
Something is definitely wrong right now, you can't play him against Chelsea.

I tell you what, i think that his injury record is taking its tole on his body now.
He has never been the same dominant self since his first hamstring injury on December 2012.
Now, he already has been out four times ( sic !!!! ) for the very same torn hamstring since that day.

I have been into body building and weight-lifting myself since my early twenties, and i can tell you that a torn muscle never recovers 99%.
You can't hide what's clearly there for all to see, he just won't reach the same level of fitness and speed.
And we shouldn't have rushed him so early into the competition.

I think you're right. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a month off to properly heal while MD and EM hold down the fort.

i♥city! said:
Well last season we had Garcia covering the back line and the season before that we NDJ. This season we have a good for nothing octopus who leaves the back line totally exposed. I really wouldn't put much of the blame on Vinny. He was played out of position and was paired with Boyata .

That has something to do with it but you can't deny that he's been off lately. He seems to have lost the ability to anticipate and is losing one on ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.