Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying for a long time that demi is our best defender. He showed during the world cup that he is a good defender. He got slaughtered by the english press more for his ponytail. Kompany needs the composure and calmness of demichellis

J_Bow said:
colombia-mcfc said:
J_Bow said:
He's been playing inconsistent and making some rash decisions for a while now. I appreciate he likes to bring the ball out and play from the back but it isn't needed most of the time. He needs to stop playing on the front foot so much also.

I'm not sure the World has a centre back really worthy of being the best right now.

Disagree completely. For me Godin is by far the best with Boateng and Ramos just behind

I'll give you Godin and Boateng but Ramos for me isn't a world class defender.

Been part of many successful teams so can't be that bad to be honest

Perspective is important. He's quality. He's a captain. But he's sloppy. Prone to a mistake at least 4 or 5 times a game. Having one partner at the back rain or shine would be a start.

Yes he's off colour,and lacking fitness......but there's not a prayer i'd slag Vinny given the lad bleeds blue,for me,he's got more banked than he'll ever require.

Pellegrini did him no favours by playing him today.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
form is temporary class is permanent , this applies to Vinny , he is struggling with fitness , and he isnt 100% , if any player deserves empathy , it is our captain courageous .

At last some sense spoken in this thread.

I can't believe some of the vitriol aimed at our captain tonight, who remains one of the best players in the world in his position. Some of you have got very, very short fucking memories.

Vinny is going through a patch of bad form, largely as a result of coming back through injury. He is quality, and he will again show his quality when he hits his groove again.

Some of you need to hang your heads in shame for the abuse being dished out to to one of the best men ever to grace our shirt.

mcb1207 said:
Perspective is important. He's quality. He's a captain. But he's sloppy. Prone to a mistake at least 4 or 5 times a game. Having one partner at the back rain or shine would be a start.

Care to back this up with some real evidence, rather than hyperbole? He didn't even make 4 or 5 mistakes today in one of his more ordinary performances.

Anyone doubting Vinny's ability or quality should look at the game at Camp Nou last year. One of the finest performances of anyone to put on a light blue outfit.

He will be back with a vengeance this season, and the last few pages of this thread will be consigned to the scrap heap where they belong.

I think we nearly lost the title back in 2011-12 due to Vinny and his sendings offs.
He makes so many mistakes..
but as for that goal he scored against the swampmire ,

Why was he partnered with Boyata for god's sake? He's just coming back from injury, he needs to regain fitness and form. He didn't need a "youngster" to nurse as well. Two games back, two yellow cards that tells me that he is struggling to get match fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.