Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinny has ben injured, needs game time and is still not match fit, either mentally or physically. So do you ease him back in or rely on MDM and Mangala with Boyata as back up? Pellegrini has gone for the first option, and tbh it's what most of us would have done. So do you stick with Kompany, believe the old addage that (bad) form is temporary, class is permanent or drop him?

Dax777 said:
lasereyes said:
mcb1207 said:
Perspective is important. He's quality. He's a captain. But he's sloppy. Prone to a mistake at least 4 or 5 times a game. Having one partner at the back rain or shine would be a start.

Care to back this up with some real evidence, rather than hyperbole? He didn't even make 4 or 5 mistakes today in one of his more ordinary performances.

Anyone doubting Vinny's ability or quality should look at the game at Camp Nou last year. One of the finest performances of anyone to put on a light blue outfit.

He will be back with a vengeance this season, and the last few pages of this thread will be consigned to the scrap heap where they belong.
He dribbled out of the back and lost the ball, one. He rushed out to attempt a header, lost and caused a goal, 2. He jumped out of position and got turned easily by Tomlin who hit the bar, the should have scored. 3, got nutmeg end as he turned his back on the last attack before there 2nd goal, 4. And I vaguel remember 2 occasions In which Boyata ran across to the left line to cover Kompany. Sure today was particularly bad, but he has been doing it for a while now. You just have Kompany lenses on.

Good players lose form. And the "form is temporary but class is permanent" line is just a line. Lots of very good players lose form, permanently.nand the greatest threat to losing form permanently is injury. And we know Kompany is a crock. So it is not beyond reasonable, that it's possible you've seen the best of Kompany and perhaps wouldn't see it again.
He simply hasn't been great for a long time. His had great games in spots, but overall his been decent to good. Talks of best CB in the world or Top 5 are just laughable really.

Sadly, there is so much truth here. Vinnie has been a shadow of himself for some time now.

Dax777 said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Dax777 said:
He is still pretty young, so I doubt we'd be looking for a replacement any time soon. Besides CB's generally stay consistent or drop off at a slower rate than other positions. He will be good for another 5 years. We just need to stop pretending we have the best defender in the world. We don't. We have a good defender, who has great games every now and then, gets injured a lot, and makes rash mistakes ever so often when healthy. Lots of top teams have defenders like this. Actually they all do. Pique at Barca's, The Brazilan at Bayern, the one in PSG, not Silva, Pepe at a Real, e.t.c.
This is not unique. We just need a stud to replace MDM when he's done.ma calm, smart, aggressive and quick, short down defender. Some believe that player is EM, I don't buy it personally. I think EM would be a good defender, but I doubt he'd be special. He is a slight upgrade on Sahko. An aggressive, quick, athletic and Strong defender, with below average ball skills. That's what he looked like at Porto, and that at best would be his peak. Now if we have a ball player next to him, we might be fine. Terry is average on the ball too. Yet he works well with Cahill and his DMs
That's exactly my point on Mangala,
Yet I get called a rag for calling a spade a spade, while many think he'll morph in to the opposite type of defender he actually physically is. He's a good quick, physical defender that will only work well beside a intelligent technically sound leader defender...and Mangalas type is never worth more than 15 mill tops.
I consider the "you are a rag" comment, nothing but white noise. People who have little to add to the convo say it. Lets debate the facts and opinions is all I ask. So I tend to ignore that.

To be fair though it's been a while since anyone called me a rag. So I guess it is used more on newer folks. The longer you are here, folks will turn you into a moaner instead.

A cap I'd happily wear mind you :)

Moaning Rag on here again :)

bartinbarca2 said:
I think we nearly lost the title back in 2011-12 due to Vinny and his sendings offs.
He makes so many mistakes..
but as for that goal he scored against the swampmire ,

I'd love to know what Premier League games he was sent off in during that season that so nearly cost us the title? He was absolutely unbelievable that season. Immense. And still is now, a couple of bad games and he's getting blue-mooned. I thought he was having a cracking season until the winter injuries hit.

It's time these fcukers actually delivered on the pitch, instead of just bigging themselves up about what they're going to do in the next match.
Earn your effing pay.

rnblade said:
It's time these fcukers actually delivered on the pitch, instead of just bigging themselves up about what they're going to do in the next match.
Earn your effing pay.

They delivered last year in the last 2 months of the season I'm expecting the same again this season..

waspish said:
rnblade said:
Earn your effing pay.

They delivered last year in the last 2 months of the season I'm expecting the same again this season..

By this time next week we could be 8 points behind Chelsea playing awful top players out of form, back line consistently exposed, midfielders that can't pass the ball wingers that can't cross the ball, forwards that can't put the ball in the net but as long as they do it in the last 2 months of the season then we'll be ok!

uwe rosler 28 said:
waspish said:
rnblade said:
Earn your effing pay.

By this time next week we could be 8 points behind Chelsea playing awful top players out of form, back line consistently exposed, midfielders that can't pass the ball wingers that can't cross the ball, forwards that can't put the ball in the net but as long as they do it in the last 2 months of the season then we'll be ok!

Or we could be two points behind a mentally shattered Chelsea team with all of our key players returning to form and fitness.

This is why we watch the sport.

FromPollockToSilva said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
waspish said:

Or we could be two points behind a mentally shattered Chelsea team with all of our key players returning to form and fitness.

This is why we watch the sport.

yes we could but I very much doubt it depends on the result of the cup match I'm hoping for extra time and pens and they get knocked out with hazard terry and fabregas sent off!

Dax777 said:
lasereyes said:
mcb1207 said:
Perspective is important. He's quality. He's a captain. But he's sloppy. Prone to a mistake at least 4 or 5 times a game. Having one partner at the back rain or shine would be a start.

Care to back this up with some real evidence, rather than hyperbole? He didn't even make 4 or 5 mistakes today in one of his more ordinary performances.

Anyone doubting Vinny's ability or quality should look at the game at Camp Nou last year. One of the finest performances of anyone to put on a light blue outfit.

He will be back with a vengeance this season, and the last few pages of this thread will be consigned to the scrap heap where they belong.
He dribbled out of the back and lost the ball, one. He rushed out to attempt a header, lost and caused a goal, 2. He jumped out of position and got turned easily by Tomlin who hit the bar, the should have scored. 3, got nutmeg end as he turned his back on the last attack before there 2nd goal, 4. And I vaguel remember 2 occasions In which Boyata ran across to the left line to cover Kompany. Sure today was particularly bad, but he has been doing it for a while now. You just have Kompany lenses on.

Good players lose form. And the "form is temporary but class is permanent" line is just a line. Lots of very good players lose form, permanently.nand the greatest threat to losing form permanently is injury. And we know Kompany is a crock. So it is not beyond reasonable, that it's possible you've seen the best of Kompany and perhaps wouldn't see it again.
He simply hasn't been great for a long time. His had great games in spots, but overall his been decent to good. Talks of best CB in the world or Top 5 are just laughable really.

There is no way Kompany was responsible for the first goal. That was Fernando all the way with his backpass and then wrong-way slide to clear the ball straight on to Bamford's foot. And you must have been watching some different game on the second goal. Kompany was not nutmegged at all. City were chasing the game and got caught on the counter. The ball was played passed Kompany who stretched out a leg to try and intercept.

So you've got 2 mistakes at best, offset by a heroic block that saved a certain goal in the second half. And that's in a game that was poor by Kompany's normal standards.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but you cant just make up stuff, attempting to corroborate your initial statement (4 or 5 mistakes per game) that was plain ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.