Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bartinbarca2 said:
I think we nearly lost the title back in 2011-12 due to Vinny and his sendings offs.
He makes so many mistakes..
but as for that goal he scored against the swampmire ,

I think you need to go back and watch the season games. He and Lescott were a rock in the second half of the season. He was one of our players of the year.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
form is temporary class is permanent , this applies to Vinny , he is struggling with fitness , and he isnt 100% , if any player deserves empathy , it is our captain courageous .

Pretty much this.

I've lost count of the games he has been immense in ......he was only prone to the very occasional mistake, which was always more apparent because he is Mr dependable

Last couple of games is down to fitness imo, he is trying to make up for it with passion and effort and they are poor substitutes

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
form is temporary class is permanent , this applies to Vinny , he is struggling with fitness , and he isnt 100% , if any player deserves empathy , it is our captain courageous .

Pretty much this.

I've lost count of the games he has been immense in ......he was only prone to the very occasional mistake, which was always more apparent because he is Mr dependable

Last couple of games is down to fitness imo, he is trying to make up for it with passion and effort and they are poor substitutes

He and Sergio are trying to get game time and match sharpness back into their legs unfortunately.

lasereyes said:
mcb1207 said:
Perspective is important. He's quality. He's a captain. But he's sloppy. Prone to a mistake at least 4 or 5 times a game. Having one partner at the back rain or shine would be a start.

Care to back this up with some real evidence, rather than hyperbole? He didn't even make 4 or 5 mistakes today in one of his more ordinary performances.

Anyone doubting Vinny's ability or quality should look at the game at Camp Nou last year. One of the finest performances of anyone to put on a light blue outfit.

He will be back with a vengeance this season, and the last few pages of this thread will be consigned to the scrap heap where they belong.
He dribbled out of the back and lost the ball, one. He rushed out to attempt a header, lost and caused a goal, 2. He jumped out of position and got turned easily by Tomlin who hit the bar, the should have scored. 3, got nutmeg end as he turned his back on the last attack before there 2nd goal, 4. And I vaguel remember 2 occasions In which Boyata ran across to the left line to cover Kompany. Sure today was particularly bad, but he has been doing it for a while now. You just have Kompany lenses on.

Good players lose form. And the "form is temporary but class is permanent" line is just a line. Lots of very good players lose form, permanently.nand the greatest threat to losing form permanently is injury. And we know Kompany is a crock. So it is not beyond reasonable, that it's possible you've seen the best of Kompany and perhaps wouldn't see it again.
He simply hasn't been great for a long time. His had great games in spots, but overall his been decent to good. Talks of best CB in the world or Top 5 are just laughable really.

Dax777 said:
lasereyes said:
mcb1207 said:
Perspective is important. He's quality. He's a captain. But he's sloppy. Prone to a mistake at least 4 or 5 times a game. Having one partner at the back rain or shine would be a start.

Care to back this up with some real evidence, rather than hyperbole? He didn't even make 4 or 5 mistakes today in one of his more ordinary performances.

Anyone doubting Vinny's ability or quality should look at the game at Camp Nou last year. One of the finest performances of anyone to put on a light blue outfit.

He will be back with a vengeance this season, and the last few pages of this thread will be consigned to the scrap heap where they belong.
He dribbled out of the back and lost the ball, one. He rushed out to attempt a header, lost and caused a goal, 2. He jumped out of position and got turned easily by Tomlin who hit the bar, the should have scored. 3, got nutmeg end as he turned his back on the last attack before there 2nd goal, 4. And I vaguel remember 2 occasions In which Boyata ran across to the left line to cover Kompany. Sure today was particularly bad, but he has been doing it for a while now. You just have Kompany lenses on.

Good players lose form. And the "form is temporary but class is permanent" line is just a line. Lots of very good players lose form, permanently.nand the greatest threat to losing form permanently is injury. And we know Kompany is a crock. So it is not beyond reasonable, that it's possible you've seen the best of Kompany and perhaps wouldn't see it again.
He simply hasn't been great for a long time. His had great games in spots, but overall his been decent to good. Talks of best CB in the world or Top 5 are just laughable really.

We do need to start looking for a permanent replacement for him and I don't think we have one currently in the squad I would suggest.

I may be wrong because I don't look for it but I do detect he might have eased off on the social media front a bit as well which is interesting only in so much as he might have decided its having a negative impact.

It seems that everytime he squalks about the project and domination we go backwards in the short term.

At the moment the project is make sure you do enough to stay in the top four Vinny this season.

Okay then lets take the plaster off really, really slowly - again.
dunne.jpg

mancity1 said:
Dax777 said:
lasereyes said:

We do need to start looking for a permanent replacement for him and I don't think we have one currently in the squad I would suggest.

I may be wrong because I don't look for it but I do detect he might have eased off on the social media front a bit as well which is interesting only in so much as he might have decided its having a negative impact.

It seems that everytime he squalks about the project and domination we go backwards in the short term.

At the moment the project is make sure you do enough to stay in the top four Vinny this season.
He is still pretty young, so I doubt we'd be looking for a replacement any time soon. Besides CB's generally stay consistent or drop off at a slower rate than other positions. He will be good for another 5 years. We just need to stop pretending we have the best defender in the world. We don't. We have a good defender, who has great games every now and then, gets injured a lot, and makes rash mistakes ever so often when healthy. Lots of top teams have defenders like this. Actually they all do. Pique at Barca's, The Brazilan at Bayern, the one in PSG, not Silva, Pepe at a Real, e.t.c.
This is not unique. We just need a stud to replace MDM when he's done.ma calm, smart, aggressive and quick, short down defender. Some believe that player is EM, I don't buy it personally. I think EM would be a good defender, but I doubt he'd be special. He is a slight upgrade on Sahko. An aggressive, quick, athletic and Strong defender, with below average ball skills. That's what he looked like at Porto, and that at best would be his peak. Now if we have a ball player next to him, we might be fine. Terry is average on the ball too. Yet he works well with Cahill and his DMs

When he's good he's very very good but when he's not he's poor. He's starting to have far too many poor games for my liking recently. Seems as though he's got to much faith in his own ability and thinking he can win balls nobody can and giving players a yard on him, picking up too many soft yellows early in games too and hinders his high line press the ball game which results in him retreating to edge of the box and letting players get the run on him. Needs to be more sensible with his game, hopefully he'll get back to his best form sooner than later

Dax777 said:
mancity1 said:
Dax777 said:

He is still pretty young, so I doubt we'd be looking for a replacement any time soon. Besides CB's generally stay consistent or drop off at a slower rate than other positions. He will be good for another 5 years. We just need to stop pretending we have the best defender in the world. We don't. We have a good defender, who has great games every now and then, gets injured a lot, and makes rash mistakes ever so often when healthy. Lots of top teams have defenders like this. Actually they all do. Pique at Barca's, The Brazilan at Bayern, the one in PSG, not Silva, Pepe at a Real, e.t.c.
This is not unique. We just need a stud to replace MDM when he's done.ma calm, smart, aggressive and quick, short down defender. Some believe that player is EM, I don't buy it personally. I think EM would be a good defender, but I doubt he'd be special. He is a slight upgrade on Sahko. An aggressive, quick, athletic and Strong defender, with below average ball skills. That's what he looked like at Porto, and that at best would be his peak. Now if we have a ball player next to him, we might be fine. Terry is average on the ball too. Yet he works well with Cahill and his DMs
That's exactly my point on Mangala,
Yet I get called a rag for calling a spade a spade, while many think he'll morph in to the opposite type of defender he actually physically is. He's a good quick, physical defender that will only work well beside a intelligent technically sound leader defender...and Mangalas type is never worth more than 15 mill tops.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Dax777 said:
mancity1 said:

That's exactly my point on Mangala,
Yet I get called a rag for calling a spade a spade, while many think he'll morph in to the opposite type of defender he actually physically is. He's a good quick, physical defender that will only work well beside a intelligent technically sound leader defender...and Mangalas type is never worth more than 15 mill tops.
I consider the "you are a rag" comment, nothing but white noise. People who have little to add to the convo say it. Lets debate the facts and opinions is all I ask. So I tend to ignore that.

To be fair though it's been a while since anyone called me a rag. So I guess it is used more on newer folks. The longer you are here, folks will turn you into a moaner instead.

A cap I'd happily wear mind you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.