Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
rnblade said:
It's time these fcukers actually delivered on the pitch, instead of just bigging themselves up about what they're going to do in the next match.
Earn your effing pay.

They delivered last year in the last 2 months of the season I'm expecting the same again this season..

Well as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

The landscape will look at lot clearer after Saturdays match.

Time to man up City. Time for our manager to stop tinkering and rotating the squad play the best 11 until the 95th minute.

lasereyes said:
Dax777 said:
lasereyes said:
Care to back this up with some real evidence, rather than hyperbole? He didn't even make 4 or 5 mistakes today in one of his more ordinary performances.

Anyone doubting Vinny's ability or quality should look at the game at Camp Nou last year. One of the finest performances of anyone to put on a light blue outfit.

He will be back with a vengeance this season, and the last few pages of this thread will be consigned to the scrap heap where they belong.
He dribbled out of the back and lost the ball, one. He rushed out to attempt a header, lost and caused a goal, 2. He jumped out of position and got turned easily by Tomlin who hit the bar, the should have scored. 3, got nutmeg end as he turned his back on the last attack before there 2nd goal, 4. And I vaguel remember 2 occasions In which Boyata ran across to the left line to cover Kompany. Sure today was particularly bad, but he has been doing it for a while now. You just have Kompany lenses on.

Good players lose form. And the "form is temporary but class is permanent" line is just a line. Lots of very good players lose form, permanently.nand the greatest threat to losing form permanently is injury. And we know Kompany is a crock. So it is not beyond reasonable, that it's possible you've seen the best of Kompany and perhaps wouldn't see it again.
He simply hasn't been great for a long time. His had great games in spots, but overall his been decent to good. Talks of best CB in the world or Top 5 are just laughable really.

There is no way Kompany was responsible for the first goal. That was Fernando all the way with his backpass and then wrong-way slide to clear the ball straight on to Bamford's foot. And you must have been watching some different game on the second goal. Kompany was not nutmegged at all. City were chasing the game and got caught on the counter. The ball was played passed Kompany who stretched out a leg to try and intercept.

So you've got 2 mistakes at best, offset by a heroic block that saved a certain goal in the second half. And that's in a game that was poor by Kompany's normal standards.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but you cant just make up stuff, attempting to corroborate your initial statement (4 or 5 mistakes per game) that was plain ludicrous.

Not that it will matter, as "Kompany is a god" supporters have their mind made up, but he was partially responsible for the first goal (that was one of the worst attempts at winning the ball in the air I have seen him undertake—and because he put himself in no man's land he left all of the defending to those sprinting back) and was very poor (though, perhaps not "responsible") for the second. Vincent was turned like a schoolboy for Tomlin's near virtuoso goal and he went walkabout for their hoofed attempt that their forward put over the bar after being straight on goal. I also agree he made several other mistakes throughout the match (including a second half pass that nearly put Boro in again).

Perhaps it is a temporary prolonged drop in form—as I also think we haven't seen his best in quite some time—but to try to assert that performance was anything other than miserable is the definition of blind bias.

I have played defensive midfielder and centreback my entire life and, while obviously never at a level close to Vincent's, I know a bad match for a defender when I see one.

SebastianBlue said:
lasereyes said:
Dax777 said:
He dribbled out of the back and lost the ball, one. He rushed out to attempt a header, lost and caused a goal, 2. He jumped out of position and got turned easily by Tomlin who hit the bar, the should have scored. 3, got nutmeg end as he turned his back on the last attack before there 2nd goal, 4. And I vaguel remember 2 occasions In which Boyata ran across to the left line to cover Kompany. Sure today was particularly bad, but he has been doing it for a while now. You just have Kompany lenses on.

Good players lose form. And the "form is temporary but class is permanent" line is just a line. Lots of very good players lose form, permanently.nand the greatest threat to losing form permanently is injury. And we know Kompany is a crock. So it is not beyond reasonable, that it's possible you've seen the best of Kompany and perhaps wouldn't see it again.
He simply hasn't been great for a long time. His had great games in spots, but overall his been decent to good. Talks of best CB in the world or Top 5 are just laughable really.

There is no way Kompany was responsible for the first goal. That was Fernando all the way with his backpass and then wrong-way slide to clear the ball straight on to Bamford's foot. And you must have been watching some different game on the second goal. Kompany was not nutmegged at all. City were chasing the game and got caught on the counter. The ball was played passed Kompany who stretched out a leg to try and intercept.

So you've got 2 mistakes at best, offset by a heroic block that saved a certain goal in the second half. And that's in a game that was poor by Kompany's normal standards.

I'm all for constructive criticism, but you cant just make up stuff, attempting to corroborate your initial statement (4 or 5 mistakes per game) that was plain ludicrous.

Not that it will matter, as "Kompany is a god" supporters have their mind made up, but he was partially responsible for the first goal (that was one of the worst attempts at winning the ball in the air I have seen him undertake—and because he put himself in no man's land he left all of the defending to those sprinting back) and was very poor (though, perhaps not "responsible") for the second. Vincent was turned like a schoolboy for Tomlin's near virtuoso goal and he went walkabout for their hoofed attempt that their forward put over the bar after being straight on goal. I also agree he made several other mistakes throughout the match (including a second half pass that nearly put Boro in again).

Perhaps it is a temporary prolonged drop in form—as I also think we haven't seen his best in quite some time—but to try to assert that performance was anything other than miserable is the definition of blind bias.

I have played defensive midfielder and centreback my entire life and, while obviously never at a level close to Vincent's, I know a bad match for a defender when I see one.

Your first line is odd - suggests you are as extreme as the people you seek to criticize. I haven't seen one person argue that Kompany had anything but a poor game yesterday. But writing him off based on that with accompanying statements like "he makes 4 or 5 big mistakes per game" are ridiculous and suggest the writer has either has little knowledge of football or an extremely poor memory.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Demichelis is our most intelligent defender. Kompany is physically excellent but seems to struggle with his concentration at times.

Or maybe just maybe Kompany is coming off a long injury lay-off and taking a couple of matches to get going?

Btw, did you see Demichelis against Arsenal by any chance?

something clearly is wrong with him this season ok he has been injured but he looks like a shadow of the player he was in the last seasons...i think we need to do the unthinkevable and drop him and play mangala and mdm

Bad performance again.

On side note, it's easy to be a captain and a leader in a winning team..but when we are playing badly he doesn't step up or motivate, hide is a strong word but he certainly doesn't grab the game and say 'fuck this, were fucking winning this' Disappointing

Love Vinny think he's one of the best captains of this club I've ever seen, but something is wrong really noticed it today in the past when we were a goal down he'd be up for it. charging into the opposition half with the ball etc but today everytime he picked the ball up with acres of space to run into he'd get to the halfway line then make a simple pass. Don't know if it's lack of confidence in himself or the people around him. I know in other threads people saying we can't be without yaya but I wish someone would bring back Vinny.

Didn't think he did much wrong today, much better than Demi who was a fucking disaster on the goal. Not at his best, but a lot less rash and awful than against Middlesborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.