Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad to have him back yesterday,still a little rusty but will be all guns blazing for the chelsea game.

thought he was a tad unlucky with the penalty, not sure what much he could do and monreal made the most of what little contact there was

Penalty was an accident waiting to happen. Really needs to get out of the habit of deliberately blocking players off. Has had series of yellow cards outside the area for such offences. Somebody like Dean who loves giving penalties will have noted this tendency. Clearly from Match of the Day the ref doesn't actually see it, except in his peripheral vision, and Monreal plays for it big time, but Kompany does make an unnecessary movement and you can understand why the ref gave it.

Poor yesterday, just seen the pen again and it was a silly block to make - I'd want that pen if it was against us!

crazy block for the penalty, really disappointed in our captain for making such naive challenges.

but hey ho, he'll be back to top form soon, we'll need him for the inevitable season-end chase that we have become accustomed to!

Thought he was awful yesterday, stood off Giroud far too many times and should have seen red for the lunge on Sanchez in second half.

Rammy Blue said:
Thought he was awful yesterday, stood off Giroud far too many times and should have seen red for the lunge on Sanchez in second half.

I agree. Vinny needs to calm down a bit and learn that he doesnt need to be so pro-active on every occasion and commits himself too far up the pitch.

Rammy Blue said:

Agreed. Looked way off the pace yesterday and didn't look at all confident in winning any potential foot race against he Arsenal defenders. Honestly I'd have hooked him at half time for Mangala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.