Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Oats said:
i thought vinny was our only half decent player yesterday.
Are you vinny??? He was atrocious and if that was mangala that played like that there would have been 50 pages of comments on here... Just because he is our captain doesn't mean we shouldn't slate him! Doing far to many blocks nowadays leading to needless free kicks/penalties

robbieh said:
In my opinion Vince has been overrated by many City fans but also by the media. He is an imposing sort of guy. Immense physical presence, and articulate to boot.

But his distribution is appalling and for every wonderful breakup in play and forward surge there are also the silly fouls, yellow and red cards.

The reality is he is a good player, but there have been plenty of better defenders during the PL era. And as for comparisons with Baresi etc, forget it.

Yes he had a poor game yesterday,for the reasons that have been mentioned,and he was lucky not to have seen red given that piss poor challenge on Sanchez.

But your post above......it certainly amused me,cheers.

robbieh said:
In my opinion Vince has been overrated by many City fans but also by the media. He is an imposing sort of guy. Immense physical presence, and articulate to boot.

But his distribution is appalling and for every wonderful breakup in play and forward surge there are also the silly fouls, yellow and red cards.

The reality is he is a good player, but there have been plenty of better defenders during the PL era. And as for comparisons with Baresi etc, forget it.

Spot on. Our best CB but that's as far as it goes.

robbieh said:
In my opinion Vince has been overrated by many City fans but also by the media.

Let me consider that. Anchor of our defence in 2 title winning seasons. Has one poor game in his first back after an extended injury.

I'd say the problem is the poster, not the player.

Would walk into every single side in the Premier League and arguably every side in the World. Every player makes mistakes and every player has bad games but as long as the number of good games significantly outweighs the bad there is no issue. VK has just come back from injury and like any other player needs to get his match sharpness back, how about we give him the same leeway afforded to Aguero when he returns from a spell on the sidelines?

The day VK becomes the weak link in this City side is the day we are far and away the best side in Europe!

Oh my god there are some overreactions on here ... i cant belive Vinny is actually being slated. He is one of the best players ever at City and will be a future City legend. It was a bad day at the office as we all have from time to time.

They will turn things around thats for sure, Avoid a defeat against Chelsea and kick on from there

Overrated? Hahahahahaha. Yes he can be a bit rash but he has been a monster for us.

This system we're playing is leaving defenders vulnerable, very vulnerable when we're attacked. So maybe people should also get off Mangala's back, because if Mangala played in Mancini or Mourinho's system, he'd probably look 10x better.

Pellegrini has basically said in the past the way we play, we're going to be open at the back because we're always attacking, which means our defenders are never likely to look as good as they would in a deeper, more defensive system.

Barca are actually the same... break on them and you can easily profit. Except they have are usually harder to get the ball off than we have been with our loose passes that gifts the opposition counter attacks. Our ball retention doesn't seem as good as it used to be and losing two of our few who can keep hold of the ball so well, Yaya and Nasri, made it even worse. And ball retention is very important to playing a style where you push up the pitch, because the more you lose the ball, the more counter attacks you have to defend against.

I think Kompany is top 5 best CB in the world. He just needs another defender that he can trust and make his game without having to cover for his mate. Put him alongside Ramos/T Silva/Hummels and they would be great! Or, just imagine if we have kept Boateng... Yesterday was not his day, but can we really notice another player that played decently except Silva?

He's not beind slated. Just he is not the player some with the blue blinkers seem to think. He can do no wrong where others make the slightest mistake and get slated week after week. Dont worry schools out now so the Vinnie is God lot will be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.