Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up with this thread. My personal feeling is that Vinny's had a very very poor season by his own standards. Was rightly dropped by Pellegrini - and will come back a better player for it.

The Mirror story seems a whole heap of nothing. Players arguing in a dressing room is nothing new nor controversial.

hgblue said:
Salford_Blue said:
He did deserve to be dropped, but the garbage being spouted by some on here is mindblowing.

You ever asked yourselves, where we would've been if he hadn't joined?

I'll tell you...still trophy-less.

The man has lead us from the front for the past 4-5 years with near flawless performances week after week.

He is and will remain in my eyes, the best player we have at the club and is unarguably one of the finest Centre-Halves in Europe, who is going through a bad spell.

Big friggin' deal. It just shows he is human, unlike his countless super-human performances over the years.

A no-quote "exclusive" from a rag has got everyone biting and coming out slagging Kompany off even more!

Its a newspaper story for god's sake.

Dropping Kompany was a hugely high risk decision which could have long term repurcussions. Personally, I wouldn't have done it.

I've all the time in the world for Vinny he's been a giant for us, but if someone doesn't deserve their place in the starting Xi then captain or not, they should be dropped.

This is exactly what Mansour doesnt want, bad press about dressing room bust up and fighting in dressing room etc...

Pelle wouldnt be here if he would not have good man management skills so now he can prove it.

The pressure is huge on City these days, I can understand they are frustrated as the season is going to be finished if we just lose one more league game and if we lose to Barca...

But who the fuck is giving the news of dressing room to the press?

Kompany must improve his form and that goes for lot of other players too, Fernandinho, Zab etc all included. Most of all Pellegrini in tactical terms.

mancity1 said:
There is always going to be some tension in the dressing rooms when things are not going well.

As we have seen with many a successful team over the journey there is even tension when things are going well.

Boys will be boys.

If a block you hardly know came up to you while you were in a car and smashed the living suitcase out of it totally unprovoked even the most inner conscious individual , religious pacifist would enquire what and why this individual would do such a thing.

He might even report the man to police asking them to charge him with a criminal offence.

Vinny knows he is letting the team down this season in a number of ways and is trying to deal with it as best he can but sometimes it ain't going to seem like it to others.

He won't be captain next year ( may already have been told this ) and is having to deal with it.

Care to elaborate ?

Mister Appointment said:
Catching up with this thread. My personal feeling is that Vinny's had a very very poor season by his own standards. Was rightly dropped by Pellegrini - and will come back a better player for it.

The Mirror story seems a whole heap of nothing. Players arguing in a dressing room is nothing new nor controversial.

The only thing for me is that the second half of the Liverpool game is the best he's played all season. I'd have given him another shot but I can understand why he wasn't, especially if a row has gone past the line.

Now if they could just display some of this passion on the pitch in a constructive way this season might not be dead.

gazbaz said:
mancity1 said:
There is always going to be some tension in the dressing rooms when things are not going well.

As we have seen with many a successful team over the journey there is even tension when things are going well.

Boys will be boys.

If a block you hardly know came up to you while you were in a car and smashed the living suitcase out of it totally unprovoked even the most inner conscious individual , religious pacifist would enquire what and why this individual would do such a thing.

He might even report the man to police asking them to charge him with a criminal offence.

Vinny knows he is letting the team down this season in a number of ways and is trying to deal with it as best he can but sometimes it ain't going to seem like it to others.

He won't be captain next year ( may already have been told this ) and is having to deal with it.

Care to elaborate ?

+1, can't see that happening though.

aguero93:20 said:
gazbaz said:
mancity1 said:

Boys will be boys.

Care to elaborate ?

I don't see him being stripped of the captaincy - that seems a ludicrous notion to me. However Vinny's a cerebral enough guy that if he feels it's weighing him down and he needs to focus on just playing, then I imagine he'd be brave enough to say that to the manager.

Mister Appointment said:
aguero93:20 said:
gazbaz said:
Care to elaborate ?

I don't see him being stripped of the captaincy - that seems a ludicrous notion to me. However Vinny's a cerebral enough guy that if he feels it's weighing him down and he needs to focus on just playing, then I imagine he'd be brave enough to say that to the manager.

Who becomes captain then? Yaya? Fuck that. Zaba? Hart? Can't see either of them being unaffected by it. Demichellis won't be here long enough, Silva and Aguero don't seem the type, nobody else is first choice all the time. Even though Vinny isn't doing a great job this season there isn't much of an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.