Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
hgblue said:
Salford_Blue said:
He did deserve to be dropped, but the garbage being spouted by some on here is mindblowing.

You ever asked yourselves, where we would've been if he hadn't joined?

I'll tell you...still trophy-less.

The man has lead us from the front for the past 4-5 years with near flawless performances week after week.

He is and will remain in my eyes, the best player we have at the club and is unarguably one of the finest Centre-Halves in Europe, who is going through a bad spell.

Big friggin' deal. It just shows he is human, unlike his countless super-human performances over the years.

A no-quote "exclusive" from a rag has got everyone biting and coming out slagging Kompany off even more!

Its a newspaper story for god's sake.

Dropping Kompany was a hugely high risk decision which could have long term repurcussions. Personally, I wouldn't have done it.

I've all the time in the world for Vinny he's been a giant for us, but if someone doesn't deserve their place in the starting Xi then captain or not, they should be dropped.

That's a bit naive imo:
1. Vinny hasn't been as bad as some are making out.
2. The relationship between manager and captain is key at any football club.
3. Vinny has been immense for us and has earned some loyalty from manager and fans alike.
4. Vinny is one of only two or three of our squad worthy of a place in the starting line-up of the likes of Barce, Madrid and Munich, so we need to be very careful about unsettling him.
5. Who do we want leading us out at the Nou Camp?

Mister Appointment said:
+1, can't see that happening though.

I don't see him being stripped of the captaincy - that seems a ludicrous notion to me. However Vinny's a cerebral enough guy that if he feels it's weighing him down and he needs to focus on just playing, then I imagine he'd be brave enough to say that to the manager.

Who becomes captain then? Yaya? Fuck that. Zaba? Hart? Can't see either of them being unaffected by it. Demichellis won't be here long enough, Silva and Aguero don't seem the type, nobody else is first choice all the time. Even though Vinny isn't doing a great job this season there isn't much of an alternative.

I agree with that to a greater or lesser extent. Kun would make a token captain much like Tevez was. Zaba's form has been as bad as Vinny's.

TBH all seems a bit premature to me.

hgblue said:
hgblue said:
Dropping Kompany was a hugely high risk decision which could have long term repurcussions. Personally, I wouldn't have done it.

I've all the time in the world for Vinny he's been a giant for us, but if someone doesn't deserve their place in the starting Xi then captain or not, they should be dropped.

That's a bit naive imo:
1. Vinny hasn't been as bad as some are making out. He's been terrible since he returned from injury, he loses the ball as last man at least twice every game.
2. The relationship between manager and captain is key at any football club. and if your captain is the type to see his arse over being dropped and turn on the manager, you need a new one.
3. Vinny has been immense for us and has earned some loyalty from manager and fans alike. Loyalty, love and respect, but not an automatic starting spot.
4. Vinny is one of only two or three of our squad worthy of a place in the starting line-up of the likes of Barce, Madrid and Munich, so we need to be very careful about unsettling him. not at the moment he's not, plus see answer 2.
5. Who do we want leading us out at the Nou Camp? an in form and focused Vinny, if we can't have that I'll be happy to see MDM and Mangala starting and one of Hart/Zaba/Yaya as captain.

hgblue said:

That's a bit naive imo:
1. Vinny hasn't been as bad as some are making out. He's been terrible since he returned from injury, he loses the ball as last man at least twice every game.
2. The relationship between manager and captain is key at any football club. and if your captain is the type to see his arse over being dropped and turn on the manager, you need a new one.
3. Vinny has been immense for us and has earned some loyalty from manager and fans alike. Loyalty, love and respect, but not an automatic starting spot.
4. Vinny is one of only two or three of our squad worthy of a place in the starting line-up of the likes of Barce, Madrid and Munich, so we need to be very careful about unsettling him. not at the moment he's not, plus see answer 2.
5. Who do we want leading us out at the Nou Camp? an in form and focused Vinny, if we can't have that I'll be happy to see MDM and Mangala starting and one of Hart/Zaba/Yaya as captain.

If Vinny doesn't play in the Nou Camp i'd personally make MD captain in a heartbeat but sadly I think it'll be Toure. If ever there was an awful captain/vice captain it's him.

Mister Appointment said:
+1, can't see that happening though.

I don't see him being stripped of the captaincy - that seems a ludicrous notion to me. However Vinny's a cerebral enough guy that if he feels it's weighing him down and he needs to focus on just playing, then I imagine he'd be brave enough to say that to the manager.

Who becomes captain then? Yaya? Fuck that. Zaba? Hart? Can't see either of them being unaffected by it. Demichellis won't be here long enough, Silva and Aguero don't seem the type, nobody else is first choice all the time. Even though Vinny isn't doing a great job this season there isn't much of an alternative.

I'd give it Messi next season ;)

Mister Appointment said:
Catching up with this thread. My personal feeling is that Vinny's had a very very poor season by his own standards. Was rightly dropped by Pellegrini - and will come back a better player for it.

The Mirror story seems a whole heap of nothing. Players arguing in a dressing room is nothing new nor controversial.

No but we need to find out who leaked it asap..it was kept under wraps for a very good reason. Very concerning

Mister Appointment said:
Mister Appointment said:

I agree with that to a greater or lesser extent. Kun would make a token captain much like Tevez was. Zaba's form has been as bad as Vinny's.

TBH all seems a bit premature to me.

I agree but the post this refers to from Mancity1 says he 'wont be captain next year' - I thought there was a clear suggestion that it was somebody coming in, presumably this summer, who would be made captain.

hgblue said:

That's a bit naive imo:

Like I said, a bit naive.

oppa gangnam style said:
This is exactly what Mansour doesnt want, bad press about dressing room bust up and fighting in dressing room etc...
Yes, I bet he opened his copy of the daily mirror this morning and spat his cornflakes out in disgust at the whole thing, it wouldn't surprise me if he decided he's had enough of it all.

hgblue said:
hgblue said:

That's a bit naive imo:
1. Vinny hasn't been as bad as some are making out.
2. The relationship between manager and captain is key at any football club.
3. Vinny has been immense for us and has earned some loyalty from manager and fans alike.
4. Vinny is one of only two or three of our squad worthy of a place in the starting line-up of the likes of Barce, Madrid and Munich, so we need to be very careful about unsettling him.
5. Who do we want leading us out at the Nou Camp?

Sorry mate, you have your head, neck and shoulders stuck in the sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.