Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moomba said:
No need to make any drastic changes IMO. Get the form right and no-one will be questioning his leadership.

Thank God for that. I was beginning to think I was alone. No-one was questioning his leadership when he was at the top of his game and holding his second Premier League trophy above his head. I'm gobsmacked at this thread and find it a little bit disappointing. I hope he doesn't read it.

NQCitizen said:
moomba said:
No need to make any drastic changes IMO. Get the form right and no-one will be questioning his leadership.
Maybe better leadership would fix the form?
The best leaders in the world can make mistakes, or have a bad run of form. Sometimes they need to rely on those around them rather than take on all responsibility for themselves.

Imagine considering putting a club icon through the indignation of being stripped of the captaincy due to his first loss of form in half a decade.

On the one hand he promotes the club, however, only 19 people knew it...

[bigimg]http://i61.tinypic.com/29p5h1j.jpg[/bigimg]

NQCitizen said:
Damocles said:
kupest said:
He has given our club a lot of dedication. He rejected Barcelona and I don't think many in our team would do that. He is definitely the most committed out of our squad to the club and hence he should remain as a captain regardless of Mirror's reports authenticity.

"We should leave him the captain to be nice"
Wasn't he talking to Barcelona because he'd have left if we hadn't sacked Mancini, supposedly?

Yes he was. He confirmed sometime ago he had contemplated leaving despite earlier denials.

The fact he has since committed his future to City makes this a none issue really but to suggest he is our loyalist player is wrong.
Personally I'd say Zaba is. I remember Zaba signing a long term contract renewal when Richards was first choice right back and not giving
us any trouble when Yaya (wrongly imo) was made vice captain.

I actually think Vinny has been a very good captain and I wouldn't question him continuing in this role next season if he recovers his form.
If he's still struggling then is the time to look around. The problem we have,as others have said, is that there are no young candidates for the role
within the current squad.

pudge said:

Sports questions are generally low scores.

cibaman said:
pudge said:

Sports questions are generally low scores.
We deserve someone who is gonna score at least 60 to be captain.

BlueDeadHead said:
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

People love talking shit! He's been probably our most consistent player for 5 years, he's our captain, our leader.
Now suddenly he's crap & shouldn't be captain!!?? I don't believe you lot, talk about overreacting
Vinny loses captaincy he's gone and I wouldn't blame him in the slightest....
Will it happen? Will it ****

Alright I get that some posters accept no criticism of Kompany what so ever, despite most of it being reasoned and constructive. But claiming a 'sudden' loss of form is clutching at straws. His form has been on the slide for 2 years almost. And yes, some supporters did mention aspects of his captain qualities that may be lacking throughout his whole tenure as captain - it's not an inconceivable possibility. Some supporters are discussing whether the captaincy is a weight on his shoulders coupled with a clear, extensive loss of form.

Instead of dismissing every poster who dare contradict your adoration and can do nothing wrong attitude for our captain, why don't you engage in a reasonable, constructive footballing debate about it which is what forums encourage. Then again it is bluemoon so it'd probably be too much to ask. Here's a question for you all, if his form doesn't recover and he is consistently in and out of the side; when does leaving him as captain become an issue as opposed to appointing a captain who starts every week? No player is bigger than the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.