Player thread: Vincent Kompany (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
oppa gangnam style said:
This is exactly what Mansour doesnt want, bad press about dressing room bust up and fighting in dressing room etc...
Yes, I bet he opened his copy of the daily mirror this morning and spat his cornflakes out in disgust at the whole thing, it wouldn't surprise me if he decided he's had enough of it all.
Weetabix mate. He's a Weetabix man. Surprised you didn't know that.

*sniff*

He has given our club a lot of dedication. He rejected Barcelona and I don't think many in our team would do that. He is definitely the most committed out of our squad to the club and hence he should remain as a captain regardless of Mirror's reports authenticity.

hgblue said:
mancity1 said:
Craig said:
It's embarrassing that City fans are questioning Kompany as our captain. Yes he's going through a bad spell but he's been the best captain we've ever had and the rock that this most successful ever City side has been built on. Time the fans showed a bit of loyalty to Vinnie.

Loyalty was giving him a 5 year deal and he has said he wants to play out his career at City.

Been is your key word as captain we need a better one now pure and simple.

Vinny needs to re assess where his career at City is going and the club will show him that support.

Losing the captaincy doesn't mean the end of his time at the club its just part of our development.

If he even thought that way for a second he is not as smart as some of us give him credit for being.

Losing the captaincy is just part of our developement Vinny. Good luck selling that one to a man who's performed with pride and passion over many years and is now being dumped out of the team and stripped of the captaincy by many on here. If he becomes available for transfer there'd be no shortage of high profile suitors, and this thread smacks of be careful what you wish for as far as I'm concerned.

You're so petrified of losing him that stripping him of the captaincy, even if it actually makes the team perform better, is something that we shouldn't even consider?

He's not the only good defender in the world and if he cannot handle losing the captaincy due to poor performance then he certainly isn't the type of player we want as the building block of our entire defence.

kupest said:
He has given our club a lot of dedication. He rejected Barcelona and I don't think many in our team would do that. He is definitely the most committed out of our squad to the club and hence he should remain as a captain regardless of Mirror's reports authenticity.

"We should leave him the captain to be nice"

Damocles said:
kupest said:

Wasn't he talking to Barcelona because he'd have left if we hadn't sacked Mancini, supposedly?

Damocles said:
kupest said:

VKFC OK.

Damocles said:
hgblue said:
mancity1 said:
Loyalty was giving him a 5 year deal and he has said he wants to play out his career at City.

Been is your key word as captain we need a better one now pure and simple.

Vinny needs to re assess where his career at City is going and the club will show him that support.

Losing the captaincy doesn't mean the end of his time at the club its just part of our development.

If he even thought that way for a second he is not as smart as some of us give him credit for being.

Losing the captaincy is just part of our developement Vinny. Good luck selling that one to a man who's performed with pride and passion over many years and is now being dumped out of the team and stripped of the captaincy by many on here. If he becomes available for transfer there'd be no shortage of high profile suitors, and this thread smacks of be careful what you wish for as far as I'm concerned.

You're so petrified of losing him that stripping him of the captaincy, even if it actually makes the team perform better, is something that we shouldn't even consider?

He's not the only good defender in the world and if he cannot handle losing the captaincy due to poor performance then he certainly isn't the type of player we want as the building block of our entire defence.

If stripping him of the captaincy made the team perform better, I could support that decision. However, I believe you and others couldn't be more wrong, and actually Vinny has been the rock that our success so far has been built on. Any muppet can get behind a player when he's fit and firing, but recognising the past contribution of a City legend, and knowing that his performance levels will return if we continue to back a player who's form has dipped, is something City fans tend not to be very good at.

hgblue said:
Damocles said:
hgblue said:

If stripping him of the captaincy made the team perform better, I could support that decision. However, I believe you and others couldn't be more wrong, and actually Vinny has been the rock that our success so far has been built on. Any muppet can get behind a player when he's fit and firing, but recognising the past contribution of a City legend, and knowing that his performance levels will return if we continue to back a player who's form has dipped, is something City fans tend not to be very good at.

We've been backing him for well over a year to get back to his best. Some of us have seen he hasn't managed this as of yet. Some of us are also noticing the flaws in his game and captaincy as of late. The fact this talk has predominantly cropped up in the last 4 months is a testament to our support of the guy, because quite simply he has not been good enough for nigh on 2 years.

hgblue said:
Damocles said:
hgblue said:

Right, so he's a legend. A legend. Right.

I think it's Frank's buried crystal elephant balls that are to blame. I doubt we dug them all up. Foreign muck.
If we get rabbits feet and rub our own balls everything will be sound. Stands to reason.

Damocles said:
I don't think he's a very good captain because he lets his emotions get the best of him too often. Demichelis would be a better captain in his position though there aren't many candidates. Lampard if he was playing more.

There's a weakness in the squad there that as soon as things start going wrong, the crowd start getting a bit edgy and we don't have somebody on the pitch who is the cool head to keep the team ticking over. Kompany tries to do too much and you can see on numerous occasions that he starts going a bit headless chicken and shouting/pointing at everybody around him, especially when we're in the late stages and not winning. He thinks he should increase his effort as a show of leading by example - something that isn't always needed.
Pretty much how I feel about him. I've noticed that each time he makes a gaff, he tries harder to do something that is noticeably good (a big tackle, an interception, a killer pass), which in turn increases the chance of him making another mistake, so they just pile up.

Contrast this with MDM who, after making a mistake, will carry on playing his normal game, even if that means doing the boring, quiet positional stuff without doing anything spectacular.

Another thing that this whole discussion has reminded me of, and one which seems quite apt today, is that time he gave Nastasic a horrendous bollocking (think it was against Barca last year). Nasty got a bit tangled up and Barca nearly got in on goal, butthe ball was soon cleared for a corner. Kompany then just absolutely screamed at the lad - for a 20 year old, who'd already taken shit off people for Hart's gaffs against Villa and Chelsea, that was the last thing his confidence needed. I know we can all have different opinions of what makes a good leader, but for me, that isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.